Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See habs1909_2009's Items on eBay

Jonathan Bernier - Who is Nelson Mandela

this is hilairious, what an idiot!

http://globalnews.ca/video/1714988/m...known-athletes

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Ouch that was painful to watch! Some of these guys are completely clueless of the world outside of hockey.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

You would think the PR department for a team would provide a briefing about the event they are going to, or in this case a quick synopsis of who Mandela was. Do most people know who he was, I think so, yes. Would we expect everyone to know, probably not. However a quick Google search will provide the answer pretty quickly, and at the very least people should jump on Google to educate their self before attending events where they don't know anything about the cause.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

You're right, but I think this would be like meeting the Prime Minister (or President of the USA)..... in that I can't understand how you don't know who he is. How could one grow up in Quebec (for example) and not know who Pierre Trudeau or Rene Levesque are? How could you show up to a memorial for JFK or Neil Armstrong, or Mahatma Gandhi or Mother Teresa and not know who they were? There are some people whose names are so big in this world, so well known for what they did, that I can't imagine a team actually thought there was a chance that Mandela wouldn't be known by the players (otherwise, sure they would give a brief run down)

You would think the PR department for a team would provide a briefing about the event they are going to, or in this case a quick synopsis of who Mandela was. Do most people know who he was, I think so, yes. Would we expect everyone to know, probably not. However a quick Google search will provide the answer pretty quickly, and at the very least people should jump on Google to educate their self before attending events where they don't know anything about the cause.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 416gibby's Items on eBay

Just curious what does that have to do with hockey ????

SCF Rewards
    Country

And what did that whole Boston Marathon thing have to do with hockey, am I right?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

And what did that whole Boston Marathon thing have to do with hockey, am I right?

Nope...pretty sure that "thing" was largely a terrorist attack...:P

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's so painful to listen to. Such a trainwreck, but sadly I'm sure he's not the only one on his team that would've responded in the same way, let alone the league. I guess that's what happens when you focus on sports your entire life and nothing else.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See habs1909_2009's Items on eBay

Bernier plays for the Maple Leafs... a hockey team, he's hockey player..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 416gibby's Items on eBay

Bernier plays for the Maple Leafs... a hockey team, he's hockey player..

Exactly so his lack of knowledge on world affairs is important to a hockey fan in what way ????

Questions like these are usually asked by people who do not cover hockey and are only there to see if they can get an uninformed response

I ask did Red Fisher ever ask and report Rocket Richard's opinion of anything other than hockey ???