Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast
    BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

Hey this is sports card forum right? Star is just Monday morning quarterbacking, easy to do now but not so easy to do right after 9/11!

Yah that's a key point. All thise was going down when the US was obviously ticked off because of 9/11 and hungry for revenge.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yah that's a key point. All thise was going down when the US was obviously ticked off because of 9/11 and hungry for revenge.

Yes and I think that the belief of another imminent attack could be possible really put extra torque on finding bad guys!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Hey this is sports card forum right? Star is just Monday morning quarterbacking, easy to do now but not so easy to do right after 9/11!

You guys are right. Capture anyone in the same region of any terrorist activity or suspected terrorist activity, lock em up and torture the crap out of them and their kids until the tell us what we want to hear. How could I have been so thoughtless. Along as the people aren't my loved ones who cares... right?

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country

You guys are right. Capture anyone in the same region of any terrorist activity or suspected terrorist activity, lock em up and torture the crap out of them and their kids until the tell us what we want to hear. How could I have been so thoughtless. Along as the people aren't my loved ones who cares... right?

Whatever makes you justify being angry over something that saved countless lives, I guess. Because obviously you're not looking at reason of why it happened.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You don't know that to be true at all. That's purely 100% speculation.. You assume that places like eastern afghanistan have an organized way of tracking their people. The US Military probably made it 1000x better then what it was before we moved in. So to know everyones criminal history was probably slim to none. Then their inner circles was probably equally as difficult. So to have this little trial before interogating is almost laughable. When they were detained, they were obviously in trouble for something. Most likely running with the wrong crowd and or assisting known terrorists.

And anyone who says the "number is low" for people saved are assinine. What if our intel on Bin Laden sons and hierarchy came from the torture? Not saying it did or didn't, but those were key players in terrorism in Afghanistan and Al Qaeda. A few key terrorist leaders + time = Multiple Attacks = ~higher death toll then there is now.

Like the CIA director said. These Interogations gave the US the Home Depot of Intellegence. So how does that exactly equate to a "small number" of lives saved?

26 innocent people is simply collateral damage for the countless number of lives saved, and the thousands of tailban and terrorists killed. Doesn't bother me one bit. A job Well Done.

These guys were detained for years. I don't find it laughable to investigate who they have captured. Sure they probably had people who they knew who they were and knew and had evidence gathered that proved their were terrorists. Given the fact that there were at least 26 innocent people included there were some that they just assumed were terrorists. That's not okay.

I have not heard any specific times where the torture saved lives. I'm not saying it's impossible, but since you think it's asinine then what are some of the instances?

Hopefully you won't ever have to be a statistic of collateral damage, but given your opinion I'm sure you won't have an issue with it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

No, not right, I don't like innocent people getting wrapped up in it any more than you do but at some point you, we, us, our country, has to start living in reality and realize a some hard core facts. Who are the terrorists? Where do the live? What is vulnerable? etc. etc.....so much of the liberal hippy love crap on here is "perfect world" scenarios.......news flash WE DON'T LIVE IN A PERFECT WORLD so we have to do the best we can, plain and simple.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hopefully you won't ever have to be a statistic of collateral damage, but given your opinion I'm sure you won't have an issue with it.

Even more reason to love your God with all your heart, mind, and soul and tell your family how much you love them every day before you walk out the door, no guarantees in this life, you know that, right??

SCF Rewards
    Country

Whatever makes you justify being angry over something that saved countless lives, I guess. Because obviously you're not looking at reason of why it happened.

Who's angry? I just find your stance of being okay with a 20+% failure rate when it comes to detaining and torturing people to be rather absurd. You can wrap it up as collateral damage to save american lives all you want... to me it's sad and something I'd hope would be above our government. Why would you not want more out of your government. From the sounds of it you'd be okay if every other detainee was innocent.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country

These guys were detained for years. I don't find it laughable to investigate who they have captured. Sure they probably had people who they knew who they were and knew and had evidence gathered that proved their were terrorists. Given the fact that there were at least 26 innocent people included there were some that they just assumed were terrorists. That's not okay.

I have not heard any specific times where the torture saved lives. I'm not saying it's impossible, but since you think it's asinine then what are some of the instances?

Yep, neither have I. I haven't reviewed the treasure trove ("Home Depot") of Intellegence gathered to capture and kill other terrorists before they committ other acts of terror.

But it happened. Countless lives have been saved. Because the acts of Terror never occured and the bad guys were caught/killed.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country

Who's angry? I just find your stance of being okay with a 20+% failure rate when it comes to detaining and torturing people to be rather absurd. You can wrap it up as collateral damage to save american lives all you want... to me it's sad and something I'd hope would be above our government. Why would you not want more out of your government. From the sounds of it you'd be okay if every other detainee was innocent.

Not just Americans there guy.

Not true. I'm pleased with the Treasure Trove of Valuable Intellegence we got on future terrorists attacks and where abouts of leaders of terrorists organizations so they could be stopped.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast