Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

If I may jump in not saying it is correct but I ask one question. Is the safety of your family important and if so how important is it? How far would you folks go to protect your family. Just think of of it that way for a minute. Now everyone has their opinion but focus on what YOU would do before you judge.QUOTE=Star_Cards;13661177]So do you think the report that we detained and tortured innocents is incorrect?[/QUOTE]

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

and you really think this report and these people know what really happened or is happening? DO you really think they got all the information? Do you really think they know what the CIA, FBI, NSA, and so on did or is doing? DO you think it has stopped? Do you think the NSA is doing any less spying? The CIA do any less torture?

that is worthy of a LOL

I definitely get your point and there are lots of things that we do not know of what went on in that program and what goes on now. However, I still think people just writing it off to collateral damage and wishing the program was still ongoing is rather callous. To me just brushing it off as "it saved thousands of lives" is still not reason to be okay with torturing, detaining, and sometimes killing of people that have no connection to terrorism. Even if you guys are okay with torturing terrorists why wouldn't you want our government to at least get the right people? I just don't get that. They should have amble resources to figure that out, especially when we are talking about people being detained for years.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

So do you think the report that we detained and tortured innocents is incorrect?

I think that what they were allowed to see and know is very far from everything that happens/happened. They were given enough to be happy about and I have no doubt some innocent people were tortured.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If I may jump in not saying it is correct but I ask one question. Is the safety of your family important and if so how important is it? How far would you folks go to protect your family. Just think of of it that way for a minute. Now everyone has their opinion but focus on what YOU would do before you judge.QUOTE=Star_Cards;13661177]So do you think the report that we detained and tortured innocents is incorrect?

[/QUOTE]

Definitely a tough question. What's the scenario you have in mind. That will have a lot to do with it. I also think personalizing things to what an individual will do is rather different than what a government should do.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think that what they were allowed to see and know is very far from everything that happens/happened. They were given enough to be happy about and I have no doubt some innocent people were tortured.

I'd agree with that. They kept the President out of the loop for so long so I think it's fair to say that the investigators more than likely didn't get all the exact details. That being said, the details they probably didn't were possibly one's that were even worse. I've said that I haven't read the report, but it was a report that took something like 5-6 years I believe. To me that would seem like a pretty robust review of the program. When they spoke of the 26 innocent people detained they said at least that many. I trust that to be a pretty accurate number.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Well you have loved ones that work in buildings or where eve they may work and it becomes a place which is bombed. I am pretty sure you would be steamed and want any actions taken to put a stop to it. Think of all the families who suffered during 9/11 or ANY OTHER act of terrorism and think what would you do to stop it.,And that can go for either side all though we see what overseas is capable of.

Definitely a tough question. What's the scenario you have in mind. That will have a lot to do with it. I also think personalizing things to what an individual will do is rather different than what a government should do.[/QUOTE]

SCF Rewards
    Country

I definitely get your point and there are lots of things that we do not know of what went on in that program and what goes on now. However, I still think people just writing it off to collateral damage and wishing the program was still ongoing is rather callous. To me just brushing it off as "it saved thousands of lives" is still not reason to be okay with torturing, detaining, and sometimes killing of people that have no connection to terrorism. Even if you guys are okay with torturing terrorists why wouldn't you want our government to at least get the right people? I just don't get that. They should have amble resources to figure that out, especially when we are talking about people being detained for years.

Did you know how to ride a bike the very first time you got on one?? Don't you think in time that this whole process with dealing with jihadist bad guys will improve and we'll get better at this kind of stuff? You are criticizing what the CIA did (based on partisan information mindyou) that was done within the first couple years of 9/11...so what you are finding out about it now.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415