Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Black Friday Auto Pacth - I just don't it

Huge Eric Lindros fan and collect his cards.
    Saw this one pop up for sale and apart from the autograph, this card really doesn't do much for me.

Attachment 88024

Not a big fan of manufactured patches to begin with, but at least tie it to the player, team, or NHL. Slapping a Panini Black Friday logo "patch" on the card brings nothing to the table. It's like Target or Walmart offering exclusive cards with a huge Walmart logo on the patch.

Think I'll pass.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

If the price is right I'd snag it. Something different but I know where your coming from. Not even in a hockey jersey or nothing.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

What price is exactly what I'd wonder too.....

Panini has done some really nice stuff, and I want to stress that point before my next one: Cards like this make me scratch my head, and wonder what their product people are actually thinking.

They've done several sets over the years, that are way too self-promoty. The giant 'Dual RC' on everything last year took away from the cards IMO. There's been other patch cards (similar to that Lindros) that feature Panini logos. Why?? What does that have to do with the player, team, or sport?

I don't know. Writing the works "Black Friday" anywhere on the card seems silly to me. I applaud them for doing a black Friday promo, and something with exclusive cards, but I'd rather see a set with some new name.... than remind me what retail holiday you were celebrating when making the card.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Coyotes Buffalo Sabres Tampa Bay Rays
    See hunngarr's Items on eBay

Yes this card seems silly. Maybe instead of having a manufactured patch in there, they put a peice of that jacket he is wearing in there!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Professor-Chaos's Items on eBay

I guess they do the best they can without a license..

P-C
    -

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators
    See atmx093's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I guess they do the best they can without a license..

P-C
    -

That's what I was about to say. How do you tie a player to the NHL or a team when you don't have the rights to use their logos?
    I agree that it's lackluster, but if Lindros was my player, I'd just be happy to add another autograph of him to my collection.

SCF Rewards
    Country

there should be a law preventing the NHL from giving exclusive right to any company , it's against free competition , my opinion

SCF Rewards
    Country

there should be a law preventing the NHL from giving exclusive right to any company , it's against free competition , my opinion

There's exclusives in every sport now....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Definitely a horrible card with a 'Black Friday' manufactured patch. Wasn't a fan of any of the parallels Limited Phenoms out there either with the NHL logo or NHLPA logo. The team logo original versions are the only type of manufactured patch I would be interested in.
    Master List: Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Don't tie it to the league or a team. Tie it to the player, to first overall draft picks, to Hart trophy winners, to Stanley Cup runners up, to the best athletes of the 1990s, whatever you want.

That's what I was about to say. How do you tie a player to the NHL or a team when you don't have the rights to use their logos?
    I agree that it's lackluster, but if Lindros was my player, I'd just be happy to add another autograph of him to my collection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast