Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See alwaysbuying1825's Items on eBay

New to SCF but have a question to SCF Vets!!

Hey guys!

Just joined last night and made my first purchase today!

I had a question, I saw this thing that said "Must send first." I understand that for trades with higher feedback users I obviously would send first(but I don't trade), and for purchases the buyer(me) send first(payment) anyway to the seller(for a good).

However, I am confused for the final part. If I list cards for sale, and someone purchases one, am I really required to send the card first before they pay? That seems pretty ridiculous considering paypal has plenty of buyer protection when someone purchases using goods (I will never accept or send gift) and that is how I am able to print a label directly from the transaction. I also would have absolutely zero protection in terms of any recourse if they state they receive the card. Even if I can look at tracking and prove they received, how am I able to get money that was never given to me? This just doesn't make any sense and I've never seen anywhere else have this.

Am I correct in assuming that SCF expects me to send my cards first and then receive payment once the buyer receives the card? Can anyone clarify? I'm guessing I might be interpreting it wrong as that doesn't seem like it would be what they mean but clarification would be awesome.

Thanks all! and I look forward to the responses and becoming a member of this community!

-DeseanJackson

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nope you aren't understanding it wrong unfortunately.

My advice to you and everybody else would be to get to 20 feedback before you sell anything on here.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (44)
    Country
    Cincinnati Reds Texas Rangers

DSJ, you can always request for feedback from another to be transferred here to SCF. This way it will be faster for you if you do want to sell or trade without having to MSF. Hope this helps you out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See alwaysbuying1825's Items on eBay

Nope you aren't understanding it wrong unfortunately.

My advice to you and everybody else would be to get to 20 feedback before you sell anything on here.

Yeah I plan to just make 20 purchases.
    DSJ, you can always request for feedback from another to be transferred here to SCF. This way it will be faster for you if you do want to sell or trade without having to MSF. Hope this helps you out.

Yeah I did see that. Thanks!

In no response to you guys but just another post,

Why in the world would this site do it this way? It seems like it would cause people to want to sell less thus decreasing traffic. Isn't the goal to increase traffic for sites? FCB is virtually dead and it seems Blowout is the only place that has decent traffic.

I guess it just doesn't make sense when paypal protects you no matter what when sending money to someone. It's very easy to open a claim on a lost item or when someone doesn't come through, I've had to after not receiving items on ebay, and it's always a pretty simple process.

Can anyone shine some light on Why in the world the site mods/owners would do this? I'm just confused what this would add to the site as it seems obvious that this rule would very clearly do more damage/harm traffic than help it.

I know I'm new here so this may have been discussed before, just trying to figure out the ropes etc.

Thx!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah I plan to just make 20 purchases.

Yeah I did see that. Thanks!

In no response to you guys but just another post,

Why in the world would this site do it this way? It seems like it would cause people to want to sell less thus decreasing traffic. Isn't the goal to increase traffic for sites? FCB is virtually dead and it seems Blowout is the only place that has decent traffic.

I guess it just doesn't make sense when paypal protects you no matter what when sending money to someone. It's very easy to open a claim on a lost item or when someone doesn't come through, I've had to after not receiving items on ebay, and it's always a pretty simple process.

Can anyone shine some light on Why in the world the site mods/owners would do this? I'm just confused what this would add to the site as it seems obvious that this rule would very clearly do more damage/harm traffic than help it.

I know I'm new here so this may have been discussed before, just trying to figure out the ropes etc.

Thx!

The rule obviously had to have been added by somebody or people on the forum since the site was started in 2003 and it didn't have feedback from the get go nor did anybody have 20 feedback. Why it was added I don't remember but when it was I'm going to guess Paypal wasn't as common as it was now. But I don't think it is a big issue now because nobody really brings it up and you can just have feedback transferred over to here so it doesn't effect that many people.

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Welcome to SCF Maxfield, have fun here and enjoy yourself!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    The Bench (287)
    Country
    See cmcjr99's Items on eBay

just had my first transaction here confirmed ....i'm buying and expect to pay first so no issues in that regard , but when looking at the post detailing our deal i noticed the other party had the "transferred feedback" line in his user info....

curious , i searched for "transferred feedback" and this thread popped right up....

my two questions : (sorry if i just didn't take a lot of time to look for details elswhere)

1) what all sites feedback would be acceptable .......i'm an OLD beckett member but dont trade there since they screwed everything up changed everything several years back....i do have over 200 on the bench as well as over 4500 on ebay....would either , both , or neither of these work ?

2) if either of the two i mentioned ARE acceptable , what do i need to do (or whom should i contact) to request a transfer ?

thanks in advance ,
    claude

EDIT - never mind ! i found the link in the FAQ and have submitted a request in the feedback transer forum !
    Last edited by gamecockfanatic; 12-21-2014 at 05:08 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Greengoblin782's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Hey Maxfield, Welcome to SCF. Thanks for Joining!

Matthew.