Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See raf240's Items on eBay

The NHL patch collection -Commemorating the greatest hockey teams of all-time

I don't know where to slip this topic so please excuse me if I'm at the wrong place (pretty sure I'm at the wrong place).

Anyway I started to collect some of these patches that I think will look awsome with a wooden frame.

If you happen to have some laying around, or some to trade, or whatever, please LMK, I'd like to add a few.

The history itself of the Kenora Thistles is pretty incredible.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/817065...7647494722373/

(yes I have doubles)
    Last edited by sephiroth; 12-18-2014 at 09:22 AM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Perfect place for the post :)

And cool looking patches. I've never heard of the Kenora Thistles, but a really interesting looking patch. Thanks for the show!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See raf240's Items on eBay

Thanks. The patches are impressives. But the story that is related is (in the Kenora case) is pretty incredible. Hockey these days was another thing completely. Any team could challenge the owner of the cup. The Thistles won the Stanley Cup in January 1907.

They lose it:

Game one of the two-game series was contested on slushy ice. This slowed Kenora down and enables the Wanderers to cover the Thistles forwards. Ernie Russel scored four goals in a 7-2 Montreal win. Since the series was based on total goals, Montreal had an almost unshakable hold on the cup, but Kenora played hard in game two. Whitcroft scored late in the fast-paced match to give Kenora a meaninless 6-5 win.