Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Titanium was really bad, in my opinion
    aka Bear Ridge Collectibles

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Though I'm usually a fan of ITG products, 2014 was not a great year for them. Draft Prospects was a step down from last year's version, Between The Pipes was uninspired, and as mentioned above Ultimate Memorabilia was just plain awful. Someone mentioned the huge ITG foil logo as a good thing; personally, I felt the opposite - it was gaudy and unappealing. We know it's an ITG product, doesn't need a giant stamp eating 25% of the surface space of the card thanks. I don't have good vibes about the "new ITG" under Leaf's direction.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Not a specific product, but product design:

The DUAL RC CLASS logo on every single Panini Rookie Card (and all cards of rookies). Panini made some awesome looking stuff, I've added a few of their cards to my collection, but this ugly logo - representing nothing other than the fact that the PA forced them dump two years worth of rookies into one season - took away a lot of the appeal for me. It kept me from buying as much of their product as I might have.

Maybe not the worst product of the year, but I'll echo the sentiments on the new UM14 too. Skipping 13 was silly, IMO, and the changes in how they did the airbrushing were awful. I didn't have a problem with the head shots ITG has been using all along. I'm still more than willing to give future products from the Leaf / ITG brand a try though. Let the new management figure things out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

I was also very disappointed in ITG UM. I didn't like the designs at all. It didn't look like an ITG Product at all. The stickers stood way out which is the exact opposite of what they usually do.

Titanium was awful period.

I opened 4 boxes of select and the designs were wonderful but the value was just awful.

The Cup was a disappointment to me. I thought it was too heavily focused on rookies.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

The design of The Cup doesn't look good, or high end, not to mention lots of badly off centered cards. NT killed them on arp's imho.
    and the rest have been mentioned, Hot Prospects arp's made SPx look even worse than usual.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Worst product of year was SPX. Woof!
    Second worst was Titanium.
    3rd worst was UD Ultimate (would rather burn my money lighting a cigar)
    Collect what you like. Simple.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The product I was most disappointed with this year was Fleer Showcase. I really enjoyed 2012-13 Fleer Retro, and was looking for some of the same elements in Showcase, but was disappointed that they weren't there.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

Titanium was horrible at full SRP. But at 50$ like it is selling now, I can't complain. Select at discounted prices is a lot of fun too.

SPx and Trilogy are at top of my list.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Michigan Wolverines Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @kylemclaren7 See kydollarsign's Items on eBay Instagram:

Titanium, you couldn't convince me otherwise lol... THE WORST.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Worst product of year was SPX. Woof!
    Second worst was Titanium.
    3rd worst was UD Ultimate (would rather burn my money lighting a cigar)

Ditto, same order.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast