Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question WORST 2014 Hockey Product of the Year?

We had the best product of the year here:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...ct-of-the-Year

But now what was your worst 2014 Hockey product of the year? There is no right or wrong answer as it is whatever you think was the worst hockey product of the year for 2014? I know the year technically isn't over yet but what product did you think was the worst one this year?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Titanium/spgu
    Spx
    Playbook
    Black diamond
    Select
    Crown royal except rookie silhouette

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thorni2's Items on eBay

Panini Titanium.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Might be a rarity, but I gotta agree with virtually all of KingKuba's picks, though I don't mind Black Diamond too much. My "top 3" would include Playbook for utterly atrocious design... Titanium for very uninspired inserts (Game Gear is one of the least attractive jersey cards... the "road jersey" cards with no photos but sticker autos are silly... overkill on the parallels including both draft position and jersey number variants) not to mention the whole distribution fiasco... and my "winner" is Select - totally unnecessary after Prizm, and beyond redemptions nothing annoys me more than Panini's ridiculous decision to make expo parallels that have nothing to distinguish them from the main pack-inserted cards other than they are serial numbered on the back to a different print run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See notoriousrob101's Items on eBay

Trilogy. Way overpriced and a lot of garbage.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ultimate Collection. $100 for a box and unless you got a /99 auto or a /25 patch auto you didn't even get close to getting your money back. I am actually shocked no one else has mentioned it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

2014-15 Leaf Ultimate Memorabilia. The most limited UM ever produced should have been on the other list but will go down as the worst Ultimate Memorabilia product ever produced. Awful collation, poor job in concealing the sticker autographs, they were smart in putting the ITG logo over some of the players jerseys but left full shots bare with weak air-brushing, "4" versions on the base card alone, triple and even quadruple jersey cards often featured all white swatches, poor market knowledge in assuming that low-numbered semi-star players from the 1990's were worthy of being called a "case-pull", absolutely flooded the market with the cheaper "expo" 1/1's at the release which immediately killed sales values, etc., etc., etc. This was Leaf's first attempt at UM, so perhaps they deserve somewhat of a break but with only a limited collector base to begin with, they can't afford to lose any of their existing base and with this garbage release, they will have done just that.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (17)
    Country
    See iidaemmi's Items on eBay

2014-15 Leaf Ultimate Memorabilia. absolutely flooded the market with the cheaper "expo" 1/1's at the release which immediately killed sales values, etc., etc., etc.

Perhaps, not the worts, but biggest disappointment anyway. The each card text is poorly written, centered left side, and it immediately gives the cheap impression. I was happy, because no Gilmour cards had not been in that series, but unfortunately, there are dozens of 1/1 expo cards. If Upper Deck water down all Jersey cards, then ITG/LEAF to owerwhelm high end cards.
    Yes, you get good bang for the buck, if, and when every card is a high end card. But it water down entire hobby.

Harri

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators
    See atmx093's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The Cup

Opened a case at a group break and the mediocrity was staggering. HOF and star content was abysmal, patches were mostly one or two color, collation issues and way too many Brilliance autos. Not what I expected from such a high end product and it keeps getting worse every year.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See truepar's Items on eBay

I might be in minority, but I really enjoyed Select. I love the inserts and the jersey/auto RC. Haven't really focused on the Expo cards, so can't comment. I thought the price was a bit steep, but that's about it.

I watched breaks of Trilogy, Spx, Titanium and Ultimate and saw some un-impressed people, so I'd rank them as disappointments, with Titanium probably the worst of the bunch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast