Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Imac7065's Items on eBay

It kills me. Reagan hasn't been in office in 25 years and has been dead for a decade, yet libs still feel the need to attack his policies. The Democratic platform must be monumentally weak if all you guys have to harp on is trickledown economics.

It was the same policies of George W Bush that sent us into the toilet only a few years ago. Reagan is far from the first person to have a de regulation / "free market" economic view... happened in the late 1800's with the social Darwinism movement (crashed of 1893)... happened in the 20's with Harding / Hoover (crash of 1929)... happened with Reagan (crash of 1987).. and again with Bush
    Last edited by Imac7065; 12-19-2014 at 11:57 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can answer that one easy. Libs want to raise taxes on business owners, raise the salary they have to pay workers and then for some reason you think those business owners are going to hire more people? Anyone with a figment of comprehension of how businesses work can grasp that more taxes + higher minimum wage will result in a reduction in the workforce (less jobs). Nobody in their right minds could think that businesses will handle a decrease in profit and an increase in operational cost by adding employees.

1) No one "wants" to raise taxes on anyone.. we want a fair system that balances the burden of running country spread equally based on your personal income (IE a progressive tax system)

2) There is not a shred of evidence that tax burdens have EVER caused unemployment rates to rise.. only a bunch a hot air from the right. In fact... unemployment is dropping like a rock right now.

Republicans like to kick rocks when it comes to this stuff because they have a belief system that is just factually wrong. Conservative economics have ALWAYS historically failed.. and progressive economics have ALWAYS historically worked. This is not debatable.. its history.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

So Keynesian economics work? Conservative economics fail when we let idiot liberals get involved. Liberals are the ones kicking the can. They only see short term, who cares about what will happen down the road. There are many instances of bad things happening due to liberal policies.
    The "George Bush" comment is one of those. Why did we have such a collapse under him? Housing maybe? How did that come about? Did Bush warn about what was possibly going to happen? Did B Frank dismiss him??
    The Collapse happened under Bush due to bad bank policies from the Clinton era.
    So he gets the blame even though he tried to address it.
    We have the highest corporate tax rate and progressive tax policy in the western world, how's it working out?
    http://townhall.com/columnists/johnh...work/page/full
    Last edited by sanfran22; 12-19-2014 at 12:27 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

So someone who rails against Christians why would you even want to post the story "praising" the head of the Catholic Church?

FIRE, FIRE, FIRE

SCF Rewards
    Country

You would think that. Unfortunately Duane is wrong. Business determine staffing based on NEED, nothing factors in more. And yes, I am an accountant. I have a comprehension of how business works.

Not entirely true. The ability to maintain a chosen profit level has an enormous impact on employment levels. I have been in a four month dogfight to keep my staff intact when the business plan numbers don't result in the right profit. If you raise the minimum wage to 15 dollars Mc Donald's will move to self serve kiosks and eliminate employees.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

You would think that. Unfortunately Duane is wrong. Business determine staffing based on NEED, nothing factors in more. And yes, I am an accountant. I have a comprehension of how business works.

So you being an accountant somehow gives you the insight on how and why businesses hire? Really?
    Your post shows you have no clue.

The facts are the more money that goes out, and the money that comes in stays the same, requires cuts somewhere.
    It is more economical to reduce fulltime staff and hire part timers., so you may not have a negative impact on unemployment numbers, but the reality is you cannot live off of part-time work.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So Keynesian economics work? Conservative economics fail when we let idiot liberals get involved. Liberals are the ones kicking the can. They only see short term, who cares about what will happen down the road. There are many instances of bad things happening due to liberal policies.
    The "George Bush" comment is one of those. Why did we have such a collapse under him? Housing maybe? How did that come about? Did Bush warn about what was possibly going to happen? Did B Frank dismiss him??
    The Collapse happened under Bush due to bad bank policies from the Clinton era.
    So he gets the blame even though he tried to address it.
    We have the highest corporate tax rate and progressive tax policy in the western world, how's it working out?
    http://townhall.com/columnists/johnh...work/page/full

1) its Laissez-faire that creates the bubble... this was proven when no bubble crashes took place between FDR and Jimmy Carter (the stagnant late 70's caused by de regulation under Nixon and Ford).. the bubble suddenly returned under Nixon, Reagan, and Bush.. wonder how that happened.

I explain this all the time but I will do it again here.... when you cut taxes and de regulate you create a jackpot hangover... imagine getting a 25% "bonus" on your paycheck every week... the first few weeks you will spend that money freely, generate a stimulus in the economy, and everything booms.. it's great. HOWEVER...If that 25% bonus keeps coming every week, its no longer a bonus.. its income. You stop spending it freely, you start saving, investing in yourself, etc etc. Eventually the bill comes to pay for that "bonus" and bingo.. the economy tanks. Trickle down creates an artificial boom, followed by a horrible bubble burst that destroys the country over and over and over and over. Republicans will defend this to their last breath claiming its a billion other things than what it really is though.

2) The housing sector crashed because of EXACTLY what republicans shoved down our throats again this week (which drives me nuts)... we de regulated the banks and allowed them to spend billions on "bets" that are 100% insured BY US. IE.. if they win they investment bet they collect $$$$.. if they lose? WE PAY THE BILL!
    Last edited by Imac7065; 12-19-2014 at 01:03 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So you being an accountant somehow gives you the insight on how and why businesses hire? Really?

The facts are the more money that goes out, and the money that comes in stays the same, requires cuts somewhere.
    It is more economical to reduce fulltime staff and hire part timers., so you may not have a negative impact on unemployment numbers, but the reality is you cannot live off of part-time work.

His point was if you need 3 employees to keep your business running.. you will hire 3 employee's. It's your job on how to ensure you continue to make a profit (wages, prices, etc).. that's a truely free economy

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Not entirely true. The ability to maintain a chosen profit level has an enormous impact on employment levels. I have been in a four month dogfight to keep my staff intact when the business plan numbers don't result in the right profit. If you raise the minimum wage to 15 dollars Mc Donald's will move to self serve kiosks and eliminate employees.

You prove my point. What is your dogfight about? Just fire staff and reduce your wage expenses. Profit margins go up. It's simple right?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

What a stupid comment. Do you have any idea what accountants do? We spend our entire career advising businesses in all sectors of how to forecast and budget. There is no occupation MORE QUALIFIED to discuss this topic.

Your comment regarding Part/full time workers doesn't discount what I said. It only speaks of another way to fulfill that NEED. Supporting what I said.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast