Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Quote Originally Posted by Dave71120;13674271
    I agree on the photo variations - Make them at least somewhat easy to spot! And since I'm thinking about it, I'll throw this out there as well: I think rainbow variants should have a different picture from the base card (this goes for all card manufacturers). Make them something [U
    special [/U]instead of the usual 2000/1000/500/100/50/25/10/5/1 copies of the same base card, just with different color's of shiny stuff.

I think a great thing to introduce would be the authentic moments type of photos. First career goal /100 photo variant, hat trick night /50 variant, etc.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Along with base sets, I also enjoy putting parallel sets of the base set together; Typically if there is a reasonable chance of doing this (/100 or greater). But as already mentioned all that is different from the base set is the colour. Would be nice to put a parallel set together of the same players from the base set but with a different pose as well as the colour. The backs could always be the same.

Right now I am considering a case of this product. So far I have not bought any 2014-15 product. I really liked what Panini put out with Certified and Prizm. Until this product was announced, I was thinking I might not want to collect anything this year. I like that this product will have shiny cards, multiple colours, hard signed autos, a nice size set to build, etc.
    (I do have to admit that I am intrigued by ICE too. An all acetate set is appealing. But I am thinking it might be too pricey and too hard to build since the base set is 42 cards and everything gets harder and harder to get.)

So OPC platinum might become my 2014-15 product of the year!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I don't like the fact that the base cards are the same design as the regular OPC. Come on, you are making an entirely different line of cards. At least come up with a different design. If all they are is parallels of regular OPC, just insert them into the OPC. Just seems like a lazy way to create a new product.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The box price will be in the $75 range....

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't like the fact that the base cards are the same design as the regular OPC. Come on, you are making an entirely different line of cards. At least come up with a different design. If all they are is parallels of regular OPC, just insert them into the OPC. Just seems like a lazy way to create a new product.

Exactly, when I first saw this I assumed this would be the update set that has been in Series 2 the past few years.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

The box price will be in the $75 range....

If it's 75$ Canadian, I might be interested...
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

If it's 75$ Canadian, I might be interested...

I just got word from my local card store today that the cost might be closer to $100 Canadian (including taxes) per box and ICE might be $135 to $155. He said, "The distributors are using the value of the Canadian dollar to increase our prices so those numbers could go up or down depending on our dollar."

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just got word from my local card store today that the cost might be closer to $100 Canadian (including taxes) per box and ICE might be $135 to $155. He said, "The distributors are using the value of the Canadian dollar to increase our prices so those numbers could go up or down depending on our dollar."

They are $79 and $109 canadian online right now....

SCF Rewards
    Country

They are $79 and $109 canadian online right now....

What are the prices online once shipping charges are added?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Box prices have gone up now....

~$100 for opc platinum (tax included)
    ~$150 for sp authentic (tax included)

Yikes...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast