Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Dos and Don'ts of Disputes

All,

Please follow these simple steps when placing a trade/transaction into dispute:

DO give a brief explanation of why you are putting the trade into dispute in the dispute thread as soon as you put the trade into dispute. This will help expedite the dispute process.
    DO make sure you are subscribed to the dispute thread. If you are not subscribed, you will not receive notification that a dispute moderator has responded!
    DO keep the dispute moderator working your dispute updated on the events happening! If you receive a PM from the other member, let us know what it says. We cannot read your PM's, and trying to guess what is happening behind the scenes is not something we can do. If you receive the cards you are waiting for, let us know!

DO NOT leave feedback until instructed to do so!
    DO NOT worry about retaliatory feedback! We have the power to remove any and all feedback ratings. If a member deserves a negative, do not hesitate to leave one....as long as you are instructed to do so!
    DO NOT try and continue the conversation with the dispute moderator through PM. It is MUCH easier to keep things organized for us when everything is in a thread. Sometimes we are handling as many as 8 disputes at once as a single individual, and staying organized is a must for us!
    DO NOT harass, curse at, or send a vulgar message to the other member! This will only lead to problems for you.
    DO NOT contact the other member through Facebook, Twitter, e-mail, etc, asking where your cards are.
    DO NOT ignore our messages as staff! We are volunteering our time to help your trade end positively. A simple 'ok' is FAR better than simply reading and not posting!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. The dispute system is a great perk of SCF, and with your help, we can make as many trades as possible end on a good note.
    Andrew Bailey Supercollector: 224/255 not including 1/1's (87.8%); 254/458 cards including 1/1's(55.5%)

SCF Rewards
    Country

It would be nice if you sent the dispute originator a message telling them you responded to the thread. I heard nothing for weeks so I put it back in dispute, then got an extremely rude message from you. Lots of us are new on here, lots of us never had to put a trade in dispute and lots of us are here to have fun trading, not getting yelled at by you...I have all the messages you sent me. You were extremely rude and demanding and I didn't appreciate your tone. Like I said, I'm new here and didn't know there was a response on the thread. Whenever I clicked on "my posts" the dispute thread never came up. Please keep in mind that not all of us have been on here for several years, lots of us are new and learning and it would be nice if the dispute assistant manager wasnt mean about it.
    Last edited by Blueline90; 12-27-2014 at 11:33 AM.

Dispute Team Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Cowboys Pittsburgh Penguins New York Yankees
    See etmill01's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Ryan, when a member files a dispute they are automatically sent a message saying that it came from me, in this message there is a link to the dispute that you click on and it takes you to the dispute, when a disputes staff member posts something in a dispute that is filed the member also is sent one of those message saying it is from me that contains a link to the dispute..

If at any time you feel you were not treated properly by one of my staff members always feel free to contact me directly and I will address the situation...Ed

SCF Rewards
    Country

It would be nice if you sent the dispute originator a message telling them you responded to the thread. I heard nothing for weeks so I put it back in dispute, then got an extremely rude message from you. Lots of us are new on here, lots of us never had to put a trade in dispute and lots of us are here to have fun trading, not getting yelled at by you...I have all the messages you sent me. You were extremely rude and demanding and I didn't appreciate your tone. Like I said, I'm new here and didn't know there was a response on the thread. Whenever I clicked on "my posts" the dispute thread never came up. Please keep in mind that not all of us have been on here for several years, lots of us are new and learning and it would be nice if the dispute assistant manager wasnt mean about it.

Ryan,
    Apologies if my PM came off as rude or harsh to you...however, I reread the two PM's I sent to you and do not see where I could have been demanding. If you would like to discuss anything further, please PM me. As Ed mentioned below, everybody gets a message saying a dispute moderator has responded...and after countless attempts to get in contact with you, I removed the trade from dispute. Many times, when people do not respond, it means they received the cards and simply ignore us, which causes us lots of time and headaches. I assumed this was another one of those situations.

Also- I spend sometimes over an hour a day dealing with disputes on here-- sending a PM every time I responded would eat up lots of time, all while filling my PM box. I rely on the automated messages sent out, which seem to work most of the time.

Andrew
    Last edited by andrewhoya; 12-27-2014 at 10:23 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I officially gave up on my personal dispute and just decided to take the loss of $$. Andrew Hoya took a lot of his personal time to try and help me I do believe but in the long run I found out that you guys really don't have the power to actually help the way that I originally hoped. I was going to decide to stop visiting the site all together but I did not want a simple loss of money to ruin a good thing. I just hope that nothing else negative happens because I have zero confidence that I will receive any real help. But with that being said I do appreciate the time that Andrew spent trying to help.

SCF Rewards
    Country

just a random comment, sorry if this is in the wrong section

SCF Rewards
    Country

I officially gave up on my personal dispute and just decided to take the loss of $$. Andrew Hoya took a lot of his personal time to try and help me I do believe but in the long run I found out that you guys really don't have the power to actually help the way that I originally hoped. I was going to decide to stop visiting the site all together but I did not want a simple loss of money to ruin a good thing. I just hope that nothing else negative happens because I have zero confidence that I will receive any real help. But with that being said I do appreciate the time that Andrew spent trying to help.

Hey Andy,

Like the situation above, I posted a few times in your thread and sent a PM but unfortunately never heard back from you. Feel free to shoot me a PM and I can contact the other member and try to finish it out for you, because USPS did approve his claim, so you will be able to get money back.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I apology, I assume your intent wasnt to be rude, I just took the message that started off as "If you continue to ignore my posts..." As rude. Like I said, I'm new and didnt know there was a post to the dispute thread. If I had known, I gladly would have responded.

What happens to traders who confirm trades then dont send their money? I was lucky because I never sent the ball. But it's frustrating when someone confirms a trade then doesn't send their money as I could have sold the ball on eBay at any time during the five weeks I waited for his money. Has he been suspended from the site or is he allowed to continue this?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Also, you said you had tried countless times to get ahold of me, but I never got a PM. Maybe if someone doesn't respond to the dispute thread just send a PM? Just a thought

SCF Rewards
    Country

What happens to traders who confirm trades then dont send their money? I was lucky because I never sent the ball. But it's frustrating when someone confirms a trade then doesn't send their money as I could have sold the ball on eBay at any time during the five weeks I waited for his money. Has he been suspended from the site or is he allowed to continue this?

We have our MSF requirements in place for this very reason. If people never send money, we are able to file mail fraud charges, etc. Local authorities and local mayors have become involved in legal disputes from the site before when traders do not send their end.

We also allow any deal involving Paypal to be put into dispute after 5 days of no Payment, as if members do not pay within 5 days, it is unlikely they will pay at all. I recommend doing this for the exact reason why you posted-- so you can sell it to another member, or on eBay, without too much lost time. I've been in the same situation myself, so I know how frustrating it can be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast