Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @ncualoping10 See ncualoping10's Items on eBay

Chicago Blackhawks Practice

January 5, 2015

Chicago Blackhawks Practice - Johnny's Ice House - UNOFFICIAL
    Jonathan Toews - 1/1 11x17 Poster
    Corey Crawford - 1/1 Blackhawks Magazine
    Andrew Shaw - 1/1 Logo Puck
    Bryan Bickell - 1/1 Logo Puck
    Brad Richards - 1/1 Card
    Joel Quenneville - 1/1 11x17 Poster
    Ben Smith - 2/2 Cards
    Michal Rozsival - 1/1 Card
    Antti Raanta - 1/1 Puck

I had a great start to the New Year at a Chicago Blackhawks practice. The last time I went, there was a big crowd and the Hawks were traveling that day, so only 3 players signed. Today, 9 players signed! Jonathan Toews has quickly become the best signer, even though he's the biggest star. Great player, even better person. He signed an 11x17 poster. Head Coach Joel Quenneville also signed an 11x17 poster. I got Blackhawks logo pucks signed by Andrew Shaw and Bryan Bickell and a regular puck by Antti Raanta (all 3 are also great signers). With a smaller crowd, players seemed more willing to sign. There were 30 people waiting at the last practice and only about 10 at most today (school day plus cold weather I'm guessing). Next, I got cards signed by Brad Richards, Michal Rozsival and Ben Smith (2). Corey Crawford was the last to leave, and probably the 2nd toughest signer behind Patrick Kane. By the time he left, only 3 of us were waiting. Didn't seem like he was gonna stop, but ended up signing. He signed for me a Blackhawks Magazine for the 2013 Western Conference Finals. By far the best graphing experience I've been through!

YEAR TO DATE: 10
    OFFICIAL - 0
    UNOFFICIAL - 10
    Last edited by chitownautos; 01-08-2015 at 03:00 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Chicago Bulls vs. Utah Jazz

January 7, 2015

Chicago Bulls vs. Utah Jazz - United Center - UNOFFICIAL
    Trey Burke - 1/1 Card
    Gordon Hayward - 1/1 Card
    Steve Novak - 1/1 Card

I was able to go to my first (possibly only) Chicago Bulls game of the season against the Utah Jazz. Graphed the Jazz during shoot around and was able to knock off Trey Burke, Gordon Hayward, and Steve Novak on my 2013-14 Prestige set, bringing me to 30/200 total, (very little progress on this set last couple months, need to work on it) all nice guys. As it turns out, I only had 1 card for Burke and he signed multiples while I had 5 cards each for Hayward/Novak but were both 1 per, funny how that works.

YEAR TO DATE:13
    OFFICIAL - 0
    UNOFFICIAL - 13

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Favors/Burke sign multiples while Kanter/Hayward/Burks/Novak are 1 per. Hood seems to be one per while Exum has signed 2 and 3 at times.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Fit Speed Grand Opening

January 10, 2015

Fit Speed Grand Opening - Northbrook - OFFICIAL
    Brandon Marshall (Chicago Bears) - 1/1 NFL Autograph Football, 1/1 Football (also signed by Alshon Jeffery), 1/1 8x10 Photo

Probably the closest graphing event I will ever attend, not even 2 miles from my house. Chicago Bears WR Brandon Marshall was celebrating his grand opening of Fit Speed, his new training facility. I was able to arrive early, secure tickets, go home, then come back for the signing. I got Marshall to sign a ball that was already signed by Alshon Jeffery, the other starting Bears WR. Jeffery signed the ball back in '13 before his breakout year, but for some reason he signed on the right side of the ball, not the middle, leaving a huge gap on the left. I guess this spot was meant for Marshall's signature too. Never thought I'd actually get Marshall for free besides at a practice or something, considering paid Marshall signings go for around $80 per auto, but glad to get both WRs on the same ball. Marshall also signed an NFL Autograph football, came out nicely in black right in the middlle (unlike Jeffery haha) and then finished it off with an 8x10 photo as well. Great day overall from a superstar, and glad to finally get back into official signings, it's been a while.

YEAR TO DATE: 16
    OFFICIAL - 3
    UNOFFICIAL - 13

SCF Rewards
    Country

What are unofficial autographs?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Chicago Blackhawks Practice

January 14, 2015

Chicago Blackhawks Practice - Johnny's Ice House - UNOFFICIAL
    Patrick Sharp - 1/1 Card
    Andrew Shaw - 1/1 8x10 Photo
    Antti Raanta - 1/1 8x10 Photo

Most likely the last Chicago-area graphing event until the summer, but I went to another Chicago Blackhawks practice today. Lots of players signed, but with a large crowd I was only able to get a few players. Patrick Sharp signed a 13-14 Score card, Andrew Shaw signed an 8x10 photo of him fighting in the 13 Stanley Cup Finals, and Antti Raanta signed an 8x10 photo. Toews, Keith, Hjalmarsson, Carcillo, Rozsival also signed but I either didn't have anything or they only signed a few. Happy to get Sharp for the 1st time nonetheless.

I use the terms OFFICIAL and UNOFFICIAL mainly to distinguish what type of signing I attend. Usually, going to an actual signing results in a better auto, with the player sitting down, signing on a table, not rushed with time, etc. compared to getting autos at a game or practice, where players are in a rush, sign quick with initials only, etc.

YEAR TO DATE: 19
    OFFICIAL - 3
    UNOFFICIAL - 16
    Last edited by chitownautos; 01-14-2015 at 05:34 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

St. Louis Cardinals Caravan

January 18, 2015

St. Louis Cardinals Caravan - I Hotel and Conference Center - OFFICIAL
    Stephen Piscotty - 1/1 ROMLB, 3/3 Cards
    Pete Kozma - 1/2 Cards
    Al Hrabosky - 3/3 Cards

Probably my first non-Chicago area signing. I got back down to Champaign just in time for the St. Louis Cardinals Caravan. Cardinals players Stephen Piscotty, Pete Kozma, Dean Anna, Nick Greenwood, and Al Hrabosky were there signing autographs. All the players were awesome about signing. Piscotty signed a ROMLB and 3 cards (2 2014 Bowman Platinums, 1 2013 Bowman Chrome. Go the ball first, then asked if he could do more, and signed all 4 items no problem. Kozma signed 1/2 cards only because he kept looking at the 2014 Gypsy Queen, so I asked him if he wanted to keep it and he said thanks! Didn't mind giving it to him cause I also had a 2013 Topps card that he signed for me. Hrabosky also signed 3 1975 Topps cards. Not a huge fan of asking for multiples because the players sometimes give you a look, but these guys were great. Didn't have anything for Anna or Greenwood, so just got them on the promo sheets they handed out. Will look forward to this event during my four years at school because it's nice to get a change of players and atmosphere outside of Chicago.

YEAR TO DATE: 27
    OFFICIAL - 11
    UNOFFICIAL - 16
    Last edited by chitownautos; 01-19-2015 at 03:24 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The cardinals tho??? Thats borderline treason!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Jeremy Roenick Appearance

March 26, 2015

Jeremy Roenick Appearance - Tailgaters Sports Bar and Grill - OFFICIAL
    Jeremy Roenick - 2/2 Pucks

Wow. It's been awhile since I last graphed. Was able to go out and meet former Chicago Blackhawks player Jeremy Roenick. I got 2 pucks signed by Roenick, 1 Blackhawks logo puck signed with a "2010 U.S. HOF" inscription, and 1 generic puck signed with a "513 Goals" inscription. Pretty cool guy who took time to make small talk with every fan.

bryanATX - I am a DIEHARD WHITE SOX FAN!!! I root for the Cardinals all day, especially when they play a minor league team from the North Side!!!

YEAR TO DATE: 29
    OFFICIAL - 13
    UNOFFICIAL - 16

SCF Rewards
    Country

Aaron Brooks Appearance

March 27, 2015

Aaron Brooks Appearance - Kunes Country Ford - OFFICIAL
    Aaron Brooks - 1/1 8x10 Photo, 1/1 Card, 1/0 8.5x11 Photo

Got to meet Chicago Bulls PG Aaron Brooks at an appearance at a local car dealership. Brooks was very fan-friendly, and signed everything you had. Brooks signed for me a 07-08 Topps RC, an 8x10 Photo, and a promotional 8.5x11 that they were handing out.

YEAR TO DATE: 32
    OFFICIAL: 16
    UNOFFICIAL: 16

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast