Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mega Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1 show - Richard, Mahovlich and more

It's been a little while since I've shared some Lord Stanley's Mug pickups - over the holidays I passed the 1,000 mark in unique cards from the set, and over 97% complete on my master set project. Not going to show them all since I don't want to break the Internet, so just the recent high-end goodies...

To start, I wasn't really as in to the Game-Used Sticks in the beginning, but they've grown on me, and some of the stick pieces ITG used are really nice. Kinda wish I'd collected them right from the get go as I would've had a lot more of these, but here's my first four...

And now on to my favourite subset, the Mega Patches. Believe I've already shown the first 20 in various show n tells so far, these 3 pickups bring me up to 23 now (or just over 20% of the 110 card set).

A nice Reebok logo from Chelios (for whatever reason I've had good luck picking up Detroit players - this one marks my 7th Red Wing out of the 23 cards I have in this set so far)

A nice Mahovlich sleeve number from a Habs jersey showing lots of wear...

And last but not least, the little brother to Eli's amazing Rocket Richard, I present the Pocket Rocket...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Yeah, what he said. That has to be the nicest Mahovlich card I've ever seen.

I had no idea there was even a separate sticks subset in Lord Stanley. Where exactly do you LIVE in your house now that it's full of cards??

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Yow, love those Mega patches, just checked Ebay to see some, maybe buy just 1 of them...Nada, none! You bought them all eh!!
    Once your done you will have the best patch set in history! Are they rare? #'d?

cheers
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, what he said. That has to be the nicest Mahovlich card I've ever seen.

I had no idea there was even a separate sticks subset in Lord Stanley. Where exactly do you LIVE in your house now that it's full of cards??

Yeah the sticks subset is 1/1's only, 60 cards in the set, so they're pretty tough to come by - I think it came out not too long after Stick Work so these ones probably didn't get a whole lot of attention.

Heh, surprisingly my entire PC lives in a brick of about 5 cubic feet of toploaders, all neatly stacked in a little Ikea storage unit, and then a little pile of oversized items on the side that I still need to figure out how to store... one day (I've been saying it for years now) I need to figure out how to do the collection justice and properly display at least some of it - but have no idea how... it'd be some 400 square feet which would pretty much cover the entire walls in my basement from floor to ceiling.

Yow, love those Mega patches, just checked Ebay to see some, maybe buy just 1 of them...Nada, none! You bought them all eh!!
    Once your done you will have the best patch set in history! Are they rare? #'d?

cheers

Heh, I'll never finish the Mega Patch set since they are all 1/1's and I'm pretty sure that a few of them are never going to be moved from the collections they are in - just over 20% right now, and I think realistically if I can ever get to a third or a half of the full collection that'd be a huge accomplishment. I think there is still a good amount of boxes out there yet to be broken, but prices seem to be gradually dropping on the wax, so hopefully they continue to get busted over the coming months and I can add a few. So far I believe I've seen just over 40 of them live, and I've got 23 of those, so I'm doing pretty well on the ones I've come across, but I'm sure others have been pulled and gone straight to PC's that I've never heard about.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

haha Sedinfan you're awesome. Go ahead and break the internet :P

I have not dabbled in Lord Stanley's Mug but I'm glad you got a jump on it early and have amassed a great collection of 1/1s and close to a Master set.

I absolutely love the 'Mega Patches' that ITG released. I have been working on a Decades 90's master set and have broke about 50 boxes of it. Bought two 10-box cases and pulled 1/1 Mega Patches of Lemieux and Potvin. Same thing with you knowing you can never get all of them so I decided to sell them (The Lemieux went to an SCF member). I would kill for the Yzerman or Fedorov (missed the Osgood on eBay) and I think the Red Wings patches are the sexiest things ever. Even that Chelios is leaving me drooling. Your Howe made me dribble a little when I saw it :P

Have a friend who collects actual memorabilia rather than cards but he won a few boxes at the Expo. I know he pulled a Maurice Richard /9 that he sold but I will see if he pulled something you may need. He doesn't deal with cards so he doesn't know ITG like I do, I immediately noticed the Richard /9 but I may have over-looked a rare card.

People like you, Sedinfan, that makes me feel great about this hobby :)
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Grangan87's Items on eBay

Awesome cards!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Heh, I'll never finish the Mega Patch set since they are all 1/1's and I'm pretty sure that a few of them are never going to be moved from the collections they are in

I don't know what you're talking about

Seriously though... while you're right: Some of those patches are ending up in other collections where the owner has no intent to move them, you've picked up a lot of really nice ones. These two new ones are incredible. The wear that's shown in those patches really does show off what they are: A piece of hockey history.