Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See daytondragon's Items on eBay

What Silver Pen To Use On A Black Bat ?

I am going to a signing and I have a black Adirondack Pro baseball bat to get signed. I want to get it signed in silver and want it to look real good without fading. I know a girl that works at a arts and crafts store here locally and she says a Sharpie Oil Paint Pen. Any opinions on this or any other suggestions on what type of silver pen I should use ?

Thanks!

P.S. this is my PC player so I really want this to look good so I can display it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Uni Paint Medium Line Silver Paint Pen. That's what Upper Deck uses.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/gr...rker-paint-pen

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ive ALWAYS heard horror stories about those oil based sharpies....DecoColor paint pens are top notch tho!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See daytondragon's Items on eBay

Ive ALWAYS heard horror stories about those oil based sharpies....DecoColor paint pens are top notch tho!

Can I get that at any crafts store like a Michaels or something ?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Most locations of Michael's carries them...u can also try hobby lobby. I know they at least have them online....

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/...marker-317164/

SCF Rewards
    Country

I should add that unlike sharpies, these aren't "unwrap and go". U need to saturate the tip by gently pressing down first. Always (ALWAYS!!!!!) carry a scrap of something with u to test on IMMEDIATELY before using for the sig. Also store it with the cap facing down....if u prep right, u cant beat how they turn out. Ill expect pics of how it turns out!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Silver sharpies are hit or miss...often sreaky and very light...even when brand new. Gold sharpies are nit as bad but can still show problems. For darker cd covers, cards, and pucks, I have had good luck with COPPER sharpies. I have used several paint pens and was not happy with the uneven application and spread of paint after signing. Additionaly, it takes far too long for them to dry...especially when trying to get autographs from a team on the move. I may have to try a couple above though.