Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Building that type of list would just overload players and make them not sign well! Defeating the whole idea of mailing to them. I would say that looking in the TTTM or in others success thread that you will find some that interest you who have signed in the past.

Thats how I found almost all of my guys. Took a while to get through last years success thread lol. Good luck to everyone else!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here is my prelim list. Mostly top prospects

Sonny Gray
    Kris Bryant
    Eddie Butler
    Chris Taylor
    Matt Wisler
    Chase Anderson
    Tyler Austin
    Justin Nicolino
    Jace Peterson
    Kyle Zimmer
    Chris Owings
    Josh Collmenter
    Andrew Heaney
    Kyle Crick
    Byron Buxton
    Austin Hedges
    Wyatt Mathisen
    Todd Frazier

I am mostly focusing on top prospects and National League players because I can get American Leaguers in Kansas City and I can't get prospects in person as well.
    Collecting: Yordano Ventura, Salvador Perez, Mike Moustakas, and especially Eric Hosmer.

Always looking for Autographs with Bible verse inscriptions

SCF Rewards
    Country

I say this now and have thought it in the past.....
    I am sending out less this Spring Training. I will definitely stay under 200 envelopes and might even stay under 100. Then again I always seem to get baseball fever around that time of the year and blow a ton of envelopes out. It's so hard not to mail them out when you start seeing successes roll in and realize that getting the younger players now might be the only chance you can get them!
    I want to stay under 200 for sure as I have so many other sports stars that I just have never gotten around to getting out!

WOW. Quick question... Do you guys hand-write your LOR? If you write 200, that's impressive! Just wondering, because I have thought about typing mine to save some hand cramps...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I currently hand-write all of mine, and I've had very good results, including some that aren't automatic signers. I feel like it's a good touch, but I wonder if anyone else is successful with typed notes?

SCF Rewards
    Country

yeah I hand write every letter. It is more personable and I think the athletes might appreciate it more that you took the time to write it by hand. Sometimes it makes all the difference. I wouldn't write 200 in one day, maybe like 15-20 a day.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have not handwritten a request letter in like 10 years! Consider how your handwriting is when making that choice, but I know it is easier for the players to read a scribbled letter. You can still personalize a letter to a player and type it. Not all typed letters are form letters. My letters are a full page and I do very well with requests.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am sending to a mix of prospects, current MLB players, and former players who are now coaching in some capacity.

Anyone have advise on when to mail them? I have about 40 so far and sometimes timing is key.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Anybody collect Rockies? Who on the team is a good signer? I already have David Dahl, Jon Grey and Kyle Freeland on baseballs

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am sending to a mix of prospects, current MLB players, and former players who are now coaching in some capacity.

Anyone have advise on when to mail them? I have about 40 so far and sometimes timing is key.

I mail out on Valentines Day. Early enough that they will be there waiting for them but not too early. I've had very good success doing it that way.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I mail out on Valentines Day. Early enough that they will be there waiting for them but not too early. I've had very good success doing it that way.

Pitchers and catchers go out a week before Valentines day.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast