Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

some of those cards in this Leaf release are extremely limited to start with, and there's only a handful of copies of it out there. So to be taking even one or two of those cards out of circulation and re-issuing them as a 1/1 because it's got a little stamp on it, I dunno.

The more I think about this, the less I like it. They should have just done the buyback and left it alone. I will not be buying any of this, either in the primary or secondary markets. I think the money would be much better spent directly on something PC versus maybe getting a lottery hit.

Metal looks cool, though!

SCF Rewards
    Country

That stamp is awful ..... whoevers idea it was to put the "1/1" Leaf stamp on non slabbed cards from this product should be fired.

Putting that stamp on the cards basically destroys any value the card could have had .......

I usually like these releases as it gives me a chance to pick up cards from a ways back that dont often hit ebay ( many pre 05/06 ITG cards ) .... but why in essence would I want to break wax to pull a show card?

Poor Leaf .... maybe they dont think, or listen ..... but they are quickly turning the ITG into garbage ... wonder is Dr. Price is shaking his head at these idiots ..... or maybe hes just happy to not be in the business anymore.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Everyone is down on the 1/1 stamps.... and I get why.... if I were working on a GU set from 04-05 ITG Franchises (for example) I would not want one of these cards to fill that hole.

But, do we know for sure that they're buybacks in the truest sense? (i.e. that they went out and acquired the cards to add the stamp, and put into this release?) or could they be from replacement stock that ITG built up over the years? The big promo they did (any box from the last 3 years gets a shows stamped card) at last spring's expo: That was done with old replacement stock.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Everyone is down on the 1/1 stamps.... and I get why.... if I were working on a GU set from 04-05 ITG Franchises (for example) I would not want one of these cards to fill that hole.

But, do we know for sure that they're buybacks in the truest sense? (i.e. that they went out and acquired the cards to add the stamp, and put into this release?) or could they be from replacement stock that ITG built up over the years? The big promo they did (any box from the last 3 years gets a shows stamped card) at last spring's expo: That was done with old replacement stock.

IMO: 1) Pretty sure these are buybacks, and I point to the Lemieux /3 I referenced earlier. I have to believe that card, at least, was inserted in boxes and not held back; otherwise, that REALLY hurts the value of older boxes. Is my whale (Messier Canada Cup auto) sitting in customer service somewhere? Is it going to get a "One-of-One" foil stamp - AAAARRRGH!!! (I know, I missed a Messier a couple of months back, after I stopped checking daily for it.)

2) Regardless of whether or not these are replacement stock, I think very few collectors will view the stamping as an enhancement; therefore, the collectibility of the card will be decreased and the value proposition of this release damaged.

Bad move no matter how you look at it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Horrible idea stamping the buybacks, absolute stab in the back for set collectors looking for older ITG cards. A lot of ITG cards are already SP /3 /5 /9 and so on, now Leaf is taking cards away from the cards already low print runs.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

And fair points.

ITG Stuff (from back issues) that I'm still looking for is limited to 06-07 BTP, 12-13 BTP (Ranford stuff) and lots of GU cards from 11-12. All that Ranford stuff is really low print run (/10, /5) and if one showed up with that stamp: Sure, I'd look to grab it.... but I wouldn't cross it off my wantlist as a result.

If they're using replacement stock, I can understand why they wouldn't want to release it as is. I'm not talking about a card that was /10, and they held two copies from the production run. I'm talking if they inserted 10 copies.... but had 1 or 2 more held in house in the event something is damaged and needs to be replaced. If you release those cards "as is" then you're effectively upping the print run.

When ITG did History of Hockey, and included buybacks (I assume they were all actual buybacks, that they got from the secondary market. At least that's how the sell sheets read to me) the job they did was fine IMO:
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ITG-History-o...item259d9e782b

(And example of one)

Slabbed the cards, showing they were from that set. The card itself was unaltered though... so if someone you needed for an older set did come up... you could always smash the slab if you wanted, and just have the "regular" version of the card.

I agree 100% though: If they've added those stamps to older cards, and effectively reduced the print run of what was originally released, they've made a horrible decision.

IMO: 1) Pretty sure these are buybacks, and I point to the Lemieux /3 I referenced earlier. I have to believe that card, at least, was inserted in boxes and not held back; otherwise, that REALLY hurts the value of older boxes. Is my whale (Messier Canada Cup auto) sitting in customer service somewhere? Is it going to get a "One-of-One" foil stamp - AAAARRRGH!!! (I know, I missed a Messier a couple of months back, after I stopped checking daily for it.)

2) Regardless of whether or not these are replacement stock, I think very few collectors will view the stamping as an enhancement; therefore, the collectibility of the card will be decreased and the value proposition of this release damaged.

Bad move no matter how you look at it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It is Leaf so I'd say with 99% certainty that these were just overstock sitting in ITG's warehouse or something and they are doing this with the cards to make the maximum amount of money.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12