Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (162)
    Country
    Navy
    Minnesota Wild Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Twins
    See ceej830's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

An almost complete set....it's only been 14 years in the making!

A little Saturday show for you all.....This BAP subset has been almost 15 years in the making!

When the 2000-2001 ITG Be A Player Memorabilia Series product came out, there was a unique subset called All-Star Game Memorabilia which included pieces of actual NHL All-Star Game tickets from 10 different All-Star Games. I thought they were cool, so I decided to go for the whole set. Plus they only had a BV of $30, so they were fairly easy to get back then. Little did I know that this would be an almost 15 year quest... a quest that still hasn't been achieved.

I got 7 of the 10 within the first year (AST-04 through AST-10). Then as their popularity went down, so did the appearances of them. About 5 years ago I was finally able to secure the AST-03 Philadelphia one. So that left AST-01 & AST-02.

I sat at that for years and years again. I was finally able to get AST-02 (Chicago) and it arrived today. I did pay over book ($40), but I really wanted it. And the seller was cool with that. Yes!

AST-02

That leaves me with only the AST-01 (Pittsburgh) one to get.

There is an AST-01 on eBay (and it has been there for YEARS!). I have made offers every so often for years now. The guy seems to think that because the ticket piece has Mario Lemieux's name printed on it, that it is worth 10 times BV. And he won't budge. I've tried to reason with him, but he thinks it is super valuable. I've offered 2 times BV as a nice gesture, but to no avail. I reasoned that my AST-03 ticket has a full shot of Bobby Orr so it should be worth 20 times $30...but in actuality...NOPE! I got it for full book and thought that was fair. I'm sorry, but I won't be held hostage, even though I really need it badly.

But hey, it's his card and he can do whatever he wants with it. If he won't sell, that is his decision...and I honor and respect that. I won't force him to sell.

Link to that AST-01:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-01-BAP-Al...item335801a85a

Here are the others in my set:

AST-03 through AST-06

AST-07 through AST-10

So maybe some year, I'll be able to complete this set. I am patient, but man...would I like to put this one to bed!

If anyone has some leads on an AST-01, please direct me to it. Thank you!

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.....

--Curt
    GO WILD!!!

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See redwingsfan11's Items on eBay

Those are very cool! I honestly did not know such cards existed. Hopefully you can land the last one you need one day and sooner rather than later as well. I added a NY 1994 version to my watch list. I'm from NY, so it would be a cool piece to have. Great S&T.
    WANT: ROOKIE YEAR & JERSEY NUMBERED cards of Aho + Zetterberg + Kovalchuk + Datsyuk + Kopitar + Nash + Spezza + Zibanejad + F. Forsberg + Teravainen + Barkov + Huberdeau + Mantha + MORE

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Grangan87's Items on eBay

Great set, hope you get AST-01 for a reasonable price.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See iposportsmarketing's Items on eBay

great set! I've got a couple, but not the one you need. And, yeah, that seller... good luck if you need anything Lemieux. He's had lots of his listings up for a very long time and asks a King's ransom for all of them. I wonder why he even bothers, unless ebay gives him those listings for free.

How about a stamped 1/1 for $1000?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/01-02-Pacific-316-Arena-Exclusive-Mario-Lemieux-1-of-1-/300373087290?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item4 5efa1943a

Seems reasonable

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (162)
    Country
    Navy
    Minnesota Wild Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Twins
    See ceej830's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

great set! I've got a couple, but not the one you need. And, yeah, that seller... good luck if you need anything Lemieux. He's had lots of his listings up for a very long time and asks a King's ransom for all of them. I wonder why he even bothers, unless ebay gives him those listings for free.

How about a stamped 1/1 for $1000?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/01-02-Pacific-316-Arena-Exclusive-Mario-Lemieux-1-of-1-/300373087290?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item4 5efa1943a

Seems reasonable

Yikes!!!

--Curt

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Defaultlie's Items on eBay

Very nice stuff! Hopefully another copy of that last one will turn up.

Sellers like that drive me nuts. There are plenty of places out there where you can show off your cards, ebay shouldn't be one of them. It's a marketplace to buy/sell goods. If you have no serious intention of selling a card, it probably shouldn't be listed. Plus it messes up the rest of the marketplace. Another seller of the same card might foolishly believe his same card is just as valuable, even though it clearly isn't. Again, his card and his right, but cmon dude, you just look like a tool.

Sorry to hijack...It really is a nice set. Good luck in finding the final piece!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

Amazing set! I've been there before with people wanting far too much over a piece and won't sell it for a reasonable offer. It will make it that much more special when you do get the chance to fill up the collection!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Great set! Seems to be no end of cool card types I don't know about....
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Very familiar with the seller you are in reference to. Have tried all sorts of logic to get him to move stuff but to no avail. He is a local guy here in Pittsburgh and no other dealers work with him. Very few collectors as well. I talked to someone who knows him personally and he has enough money he is willing to sit on it all. My only solace is that I might out live him and get a chance, but hey there are so many Mario's to chase I don't need his, although there are some real beauties in there. If you want to see some of these he has, check out the catalog on here I put pics of all he has online in there, just for reference to let us know that the really do exist....