Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dscards33's Items on eBay

AZ to require high schoolers to pass citizenship test to graduate

"Arizona high school students will have to pass the same test that immigrants must take to obtain citizenship before they graduate under a new law signed Thursday by Gov. Doug Ducey (R)..."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2015/01/16/arizona-will-require-high-school-students-to-pass-citizenship-test-to-graduate-can-you-pass/?tid=sm_fb

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

I think half the kids in my class would have failed

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (162)
    Country
    See timber-9's Items on eBay

According to the article, 60% is needed to pass - is this a joke?

Canadian friend of mine took the test a few years back - we sat around after hockey one night going over the questions, pretty interesting I must say. Maybe they should take the time to teach the stuff in high school if they are going to ask kids to take the test.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just goes to show you that immigrants who become citizens LITERALLY know more about America than Americans who were born here.

THIS is why the world makes fun of Americans....because too many of them are so honest to god SO DAMN STUPID AND IGNORANT that they only make this country look bad.

BTW, this doesn't surprise me at all.

EDIT: If it were up to me, I'd set the passing score at 85 - 90%

EDIT #2: I saw their little 10 questions mock exam.....this is a joke, right? These questions should be known by MIDDLE SCHOOLERS! They are insanely easy, getting anything but a 10/10 should be frowned upon.

Seriously, this stuff honestly pisses me off....how can citizens of a country not know about how their government works?

UGH....it explains SOOOO MUCH!
    Last edited by JustAlex; 01-20-2015 at 02:52 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Just goes to show you that immigrants who become citizens LITERALLY know more about America than Americans who were born here.

May be that is because immigrants are given a long course on the exact things they are expected to know before they are tested while American schools provide a broader range of education over a longer period of time.

Seriously, this stuff honestly pisses me off....how can citizens of a country not know about how their government works?

You don't seriously think that Americans are the only people uninformed about their government do you?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

We had to take a government class as part of our required credits to graduate high school. I wonder if that class is still required in my state. Seems like a good idea to teach that information.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I don't think a citizen should have to know how the government works, unless they are voting.

SCF Rewards
    Country

According to the article, 60% is needed to pass - is this a joke?

I'm pretty sure 60% is a passing grade in school. It was when I was in school. A pretty low bar but some still didn't hit it.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/