Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Key word "professional" which means much more than getting paid to do a job.
    These guys will continue on life despite losing your "respect" and this goes for all professional players.
    That statement is complete nonsense.

Is it complete nonsense? Is any player's life going to change if they dont get your respect or if they lose it. No it's not going to change his life for better or for worse .

To use your words "there will always be someone willing to step in" that's true of players too. There's a reason why Gretzky, Howe and Mario are recognized by kids born long after their careers have ended.........

There will always be great players and the names will change but Gretzky,Howe,Lemieux,Crosby,Jagr,Yzerman will all be names recognized long after we are gone.
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

Is it complete nonsense? Is any player's life going to change if they dont get your respect or if they lose it. No it's not going to change his life for better or for worse .

There will always be great players and the names will change but Gretzky,Howe,Lemieux,Crosby,Jagr,Yzerman will all be names recognized long after we are gone.

Again, you miss the point. Yes, people's lives do change when they lose respect and that includes athletes. Funny you mention Jagr, perhaps not the most popular guy to ever wear an NHL uniform, but adored by an entire nation. Talent is a gift, what you do with that talent defines who you are and I'm not talking trophies and records. If what you say is reflective of Crosby's attitude in life then you've made the strongest point as to why he's not well received outside of Pittsburgh. Most of the guys you mentioned above never felt the sting of being regularly booed by fans on the road.
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I've never cared for Crosby personally. He is a decent player but I think he is a whiner. I am not judging him based on his All-Star performances or lack their-of. I do think that yes despite the All-Star game being a cash-grab or whatever people want to call it these days that it mainly for the fans and the future fans. Kids want to see the best players in the game having fun together all at the same time. Crosby who?

Gretzky, Howe, Lemieux, Jagr, Yzerman will be recognized long after we're gone. For good reasons. Crosby? Ahh.. not so much.

I know the game has changed. You couldn't hit Gretzky, Lemieux, Jagr or Yzerman back in the day without some serious retaliation. I've seen Crosby taking hits from 80% of the line many times. The game has evolved but Crosby acts like he should be treated differently as if he is to the Penguins now as Lemieux was back then.

Gutless? Not necessarily. Penguins, yes. Crosby needs to grow up though.

A lot of people think the same way about Crosby as they did about Lemieux but since the game has changed Crosby is feeling the sting that wasn't prominent in Lemieux's day. The problem is Crosby ain't no Lemieux. Not even close. He should stop acting like he is and maybe just maybe grow a pair.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Again, you miss the point. Yes, people's lives do change when they lose respect and that includes athletes. Funny you mention Jagr, perhaps not the most popular guy to ever wear an NHL uniform, but adored by an entire nation. Talent is a gift, what you do with that talent defines who you are and I'm not talking trophies and records. If what you say is reflective of Crosby's attitude in life then you've made the strongest point as to why he's not well received outside of Pittsburgh. Most of the guys you mentioned above never felt the sting of being regularly booed by fans on the road.

please explain how a player's life is going to change by them losing your respect

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

please explain how a player's life is going to change by them losing your respect

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (75) Hobby Insider
    Country

A lot of HATER'S on here for a player who is still the face of the NHL.

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

A lot of HATER'S on here for a player who is still the face of the NHL.

Hate is a very strong word and should never be confused with dislike. The face of the NHL? According to who, Upper Deck?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456