Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

question about ITG fall expo 1/1's

i see these on ebay alot and was just wondering what people think about them.
    i do like the ITG product altho i realize thats not the norm with UD being the monster that it is. but about the sweet expo 1/1's. are they considered true 1/1's being expo available only? the quads and trios -- some of them are very nice cards. especially of the vintage era players. but i imagine their "Book/Sales Value" cannot rival that of UD.
    i generally buy what i like and place minimal value on uncle Becketts sayso. but i'd really like to hear you the members opinion.

for example -- 14/15 LEAF ITG Ultimate Mem EXPO DAYS GONE BY MEM GOLD 1/1 SAWCHUK-HALL-GIACOMIN

it is selling for 20 bucks.
    is this a fair price, is it inflated? if it was non show would it be more? if it was ud would it me more.

as always thanx for the input guys.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Show stamped cards in general have less value, there are some player collectors who don't consider them cards at all and don't go after them. In the past, ITG released little unique stand-alone sets of show redemption cards that did sell well on the secondary market, but stamped cards usually get the thumbs-down........

This cost me 10 bucks :D

As far as the other question goes, $20 is a pretty decent price for a Sawchuck/Hall/Giacomin memorabilia card, stamped or not! It would probably definitely be a little more without the show stamp. And you wouldn't see anything like that from UD to begin with, their idea of hockey history is mainly Bobby Orr and Wayne Gretzky hahahaa.
    Last edited by 87sluggo; 01-23-2015 at 09:21 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I think show stamped cards are not bad if they include a piece of memorabilia or have an auto. Other than that... I think they are almost worthless.

That said, the special issue show cards with Mem or an auto are not bad. I would put them on par with something that came from packs.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Like Ed said - when they make unique standalone sets that aren't just stamped versions of what's in packs, it's especially cool. Like the 120 card Decades set they put out last Spring, just a couple of my favs...

I don't mind the stamped versions of the regular pack-inserted cards, but like just about everyone I view them as worth a tiny fraction of the 'real' cards... for a few bucks though I'll pick 'em up any time I can find them as novelty items. I think I'm just a couple cards shy of 100 show-stamped Sedin 1/1's from ITG, would they have any value to anyone else? Nah, but I have OCD so they sure are fun to collect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

sedinfan that is one AMAZING collection !!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I'd say show-stamped or not, if that card is to sell for only $20 that would be a steal. I see the one you are talking about, and it will most likely garner a few bids. Plus the card itself isn't show-stamped, it's just the slab that eludes to the Fall Expo. That, for me makes it more appealing than the card being stamped. I would guess there would be others who would share this opinion as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Oops, my bad. I took a closer look and i see the show stamp on the card as well. I still stand by the first half of my post, though!

SCF Rewards
    Country

You didn't even mention Rogie Vachon! That's one nice card :)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

kinda wish i used a different example lol.
    was planning on bidding on that one.... oh welll

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hahahaaa you don't have to worry about competition from me, I already got my 1/1.....

So......... pretty. Or something :/
    Last edited by 87sluggo; 01-23-2015 at 11:51 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast