Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Back in the Card Collecting Game

Hey Guys,

Name is Josh and I recently have gotten back into collecting sports cards. When I was a 5-10 years old, I used to be all about sports cards. I would go through my cards and analyze the statistics since this was before the internet was popular. Unfortunately, my roots are in the late 80s early 90s baseball cards where there is almost no value.

I am now 27 and some friends recently invited me to go to a card shop with them. I wasn't planning on purchasing any cards but I decided to indulge in a few packs. The first pack I opened was a 2014 Panini Prizm Baseball pack and I hit a signature on the first pull. Now I am hooked. I recently bought a hobby box of the 2014 Panini Baseball Prizms and thoroughly enjoy the feelings that come with opening card packs.

I am not an enthusiast or looking to pull a profit on cards but rather enjoy the visual quality and of course the statistics of the card. Completing basic sets is also my goal for signing up for the site. I hope my niche trading inventory can help with others on this site.

Oh, here are my pulls from 14 packs of 2014 Panini Prizm Baseball cards. First the hobby box:

IMG_20150122_160254593.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here are the pulls:

http://imgur.com/VcnC6hj

Not sure why it won't let me upload another picture.

Here are the highlights:
    • Base Blue Prizm 42 (Jackie Robinson Tribute) Eddie Murrary 33/42
    • Rookie Autograpah Mojo Prizm Enny Romero 61/75 sigature
    • Base Blue Prizm Reggie Jackson 20/75
    • Fearless Purple Prizm Torri Hunter 11/99
    • Signature Prizm Zolio Almonte signature no serial
    • Base Prizm Brian Dosier
    • Base Prizm Manny Machado
    • USA Baseball Base Prizm Manny Machado

In the other packs I initially bought was a Rookie Autograph Base Prizm Michael Choice no serial

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (60)
    Country

Welcome back to collecting. This a great site with very friendly traders who can help you complete sets and give advice. John

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome back to collecting. This a great site with very friendly traders who can help you complete sets and give advice. John

Thanks I appreciate it. I need to go back to parents house and grab all of my old sets to see what I actually have. I probably have 50 - 100k sports cards. Hopefully I can contribute to others in the near future.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Atlanta Falcons Indianapolis Colts
    See Jeremy12familyguy's Items on eBay

Hello Josh and welcome to SCF.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New Jersey Devils
    See bcool022's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Hey Josh welcome to SCF! Best of luck with your collection!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome to the site!
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Greengoblin782's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Hey Josh, Welcome to SCF. Thanks for Joining!

Matthew.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well, I just stumbled into a thread titled Worst 2014 Baseball Product of the Year and consensus was 2014 Panini. This is a bit disheartening but I do like the set and the no logo thing doesn't bother me as much as others considering buying exclusitivity licenses piss me off (NFL exclusive with EA Sports and Take-Two with MLB for video games). Competition is good however the quality has to be there and I understand the one poster's point regarding Panini's quality and look.

Going forward, which brand should look towards collecting in 2015 for baseball?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I also wanted to point out that I bought that hobby box for $44 which came out to be $3.67 a pack so I don't feel as bad for getting back into the swing of things with Panini :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast