Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Lions Michigan State Spartans St Louis Cardinals

1989-90 Hoops David Robinson

I was just at the LCS and was looking through the $2 bins and low and behold there was that elusive (to me) David Robinson RC that I have been wanting forever. I was super excited to say the least, but then I was going through the rest of the box he had sitting there and I found another one!!! So naturally I put that one in my pile to buy too. I get looking some more and wouldn't you know it there was not only another one but 5 more just staring at me. So I did what every one of us would have, I bought all 7 that he had in the bin haha. Did I go a little overboard when I spent $14 for 7 DR RCs? Anyone else ever have a moment like this? Where you see a card you have been wanting for a long time in a bin and then you see another and another etc.....? Also got the other '89 Hoops Robinson and some 1990 MJs for $0.25 each. Not a bad haul all in all.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I remember when that card was a beast. It has fallen on hard times now but I've still never managed to pull one of those.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (5) Sports Card Freaks
    Country
    See andyg2350's Items on eBay

There's about 180 of them on COMC if you're interested haha. Mass production unfortunately destroyed any value this card would've held.
    Last edited by AndyG23; 01-23-2015 at 10:01 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, it had been many, many years since I had thought about collecting basketball lol. This was more of a sentimental purchase more than anything. I remember busting packs of this product hoping to pull one. Never even came close lol. Not sure what it books for anymore but I remember when they used to sell for $40+ at the card shows back in the day.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

I had a similar experience with 92-93 UD Shaq rookies at a MO LCS.

But yep, so many of our favorite '90s cards are quite easily obtainable now. I'm amazed sometimes going through my trade bait and seeing cards I would have never imagined to be there even ten years ago.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I had a similar experience with 92-93 UD Shaq rookies at a MO LCS.

But yep, so many of our favorite '90s cards are quite easily obtainable now. I'm amazed sometimes going through my trade bait and seeing cards I would have never imagined to be there even ten years ago.

Speaking of Shaq I bought 3 of his cards too....

1992 Investor Journal RC #68
    1993-94 Hoops Gold #155
    1992-93 Limited Edition Promo Card #4 (not sure what this one is, but is looks pretty cool lol)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here's 9 of the David Robinson cards getting about $35 on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DAVID-ROBINS...p2047675.l2557

That's pretty good for the stuff especially since basketball collectors seem to really only want high end stuff nowadays. I know there is always people wanting high end over other stuff but I swear like 95% of the basketball card market is high end now. Must of been a side effect of Exquisite.