Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

well if you are saying Ken Hamm is the founder of creationism, I would argue with that. This guy runs a circus show, the museum is a joke, and does not represent creationism to everyone. all religions and most societies have some form of creation.

So yes I agree teaching his version of it would be impossible, a waste of time, and a joke. (though it could be a good laugh in the form of a short seminar)

I would assume a class on "creation" could include every theory of it, whether scientific, philosophical, or religious.

for ID you would or could touch on DNA, Space and Time, complexity of cells, the brain, intelligence, and such. And intelligent design does not have to mean humans were created, they could have evolved and the universe still be "designed".

SCF Rewards
    Country

creationism isn't christianity. creationism is the belief the universe came from a divine event.

so you say you wouldn't have a problem with it being taught, but youd fight against it being taught.....strange. here is that downtime, i heard xbox live is down.

No, creationism is not Christianity, but it coincides with Genesis and the biggest proponents of Creationism are Christians.

And what exactly are you doing?

Hurr Hurr, he plays xbox.....what a loser!

I don't own any video game systems, although I got nothing bad to say about gamers, that's their hobby just like people around here like to collect cards and that's their hobby.

But let me use your logic....Hurr, Hurr....card collectors, what a bunch of dorks!

Brilliant...
    Last edited by JustAlex; 01-29-2015 at 12:55 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

He singles out Christians because Christians are the ones pushing the agenda in America. You mean kinda how I look at the world and you look at America? That big picture?

So Christians are the only folks in America pushing an agenda? This is not even close to the case. Obama trying to remake this country is not an agenda? Not buying your argument here.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

So Christians are the only folks in America pushing an agenda? This is not even close to the case. Obama trying to remake this country is not an agenda? Not buying your argument here.

In the context of religion, which is what we were talking about, Christians are the only ones with an agenda. And if you call "cleaning up a mess" an agenda, then yes Obama has one.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Kind of hard to teach a class about that IMO.

Yeah, it is the same difficulty as teaching that all of this was created out of a random explosion that's origin nobody can explain. Plenty facts in that argument. Probably several semesters worth.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Yeah, it is the same difficulty as teaching that all of this was created out of a random explosion that's origin nobody can explain. Plenty facts in that argument. Probably several semesters worth.

There are volumes of evidence and facts associated with evolution. They DO teach classes on it. You really need to do some research.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

habs, he was not talking about evolution, but creation. All evolution has is lightning striking primordial ooze that life crawled out of.

Also Christians are not the only one with an agenda, they just happen to make up the majority, so you usually only hear about them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

its amusing because the voice of the groups that complain, are the acne face, pony tail, dorito finger people. Their moms usually have to drive them to protest anything, and they have no useful skills.

Why is this your stereotype of atheists that have issue with people who want to legislate with their religion?

SCF Rewards
    Country

No, creationism is not Christianity, but it coincides with Genesis and the biggest proponents of Creationism are Christians.

And what exactly are you doing?

Hurr Hurr, he plays xbox.....what a loser!

I don't own any video game systems, although I got nothing bad to say about gamers, that's their hobby just like people around here like to collect cards and that's their hobby.

But let me use your logic....Hurr, Hurr....card collectors, what a bunch of dorks!

Brilliant...

Can you name a religion that doesn't describe how the universe began, or how humanity began?

What am I doing? Normally when I have time to respond, I'm either relaxing after work, or have downtime while working. Ya know, contributing to society.

And I didn't call you a loser for playing xbox, I'd light anybody up on Madden if they want to try me.

In the context of religion, which is what we were talking about, Christians are the only ones with an agenda. And if you call "cleaning up a mess" an agenda, then yes Obama has one.

Christians are the only ones with an agenda? You must be out of your mind. Is that why muslims flew planes into buildings? Is that why Charlie Hedbos office was slaughtered? You are surely mistaken. While christians may be the majority, they are far from the ones with some sort of agenda. wake up bud. You look at the world? You make me laugh.

habs, he was not talking about evolution, but creation. All evolution has is lightning striking primordial ooze that life crawled out of.

Also Christians are not the only one with an agenda, they just happen to make up the majority, so you usually only hear about them.

Gotta go with you shrews

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why is this your stereotype of atheists that have issue with people who want to legislate with their religion?

This isn't my stereotype of atheists in general. This is my opinion about the ones who decide to go out and make a big hubaloo about christmas decorations.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast