Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Costco photo question?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Costco photo question?

Hi I was wondering who uses Costco to print photo's? I was wondering if you have ever been asked about copyrights? I was talking to a fellow grapher near me and he told me Costco wont print any photos unless I have the permission. I like getting autographs of baseball, Car Racing and politicians. I just hate paying the $55 and then be told I cant print. Thanks for your help. Chris

SCF Rewards
    Country

Have you ever tried using your local library? They won't ask that question.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

Costco, Walmart, and Walgreens are all hit or miss, depending on who is running the machine and how much their management is involved. Technically, they cannot print any photo without copyright permission, and any photo that you download from the internet is not yours. Most are especially picky when there is a logo on the photo, or an obvious posed shot. If it is an action photo, you can often convince them that you took it yourself.

My local Walmart switched managers recently, and now they won't print anything for me without an argument, and then they won't sell it to me if it is printed. Walgreens has been good recently, but once or twice wouldn't print something with a Chicago Bears logo on it. I have been told Costco is less hassles, but I don't have one close to me.
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I use Snapfish and they print anything I order. You just have to find good resolution pictures.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See adamluangraj_123's Items on eBay

I use sharpprints.com, ordered twice from them now and they are very quick with printing and shipping. They're in WI so it might take a little longer depending where you're at. Haven't had an issue yet and I'm just grabbing pics from google with high enough resolution to print.

SCF Rewards
    Country

adoramapix.com is the best quality for printing. I highly recommend the lustre photos.

Transferred Feedback
    TCC(1874)
    Country
    Penn State Nittany Lions Kansas City Royals
    Twitter: @rtsjr1 See thebusfan's Items on eBay

rite aid is great

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks everyone for the help

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See N/A's Items on eBay

I once had an issue at a regional supermarket chain (think Walmart, smaller scale). I had been doing photos there for years with literally no problem. Then this big beast of a woman started running the photo lab. She had an attitude bigger than her beer gut. I went in there and she made me sign off on a copyright release for a photo- She was such a pain in the you know what about it, I never went back. Plenty of stores will print with no questions asked. I only use the local stores if I need something last minute, otherwise I use Adora. Great quality, no questions.

Personally, I think if you walk into a store and you want 100 8X10s printed of the same shot, they have a right to be suspicious. But for most of us who just print the one-off 8X10 for our own collections? That's just stupid. Give me a break.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well i am going to signup for a Costco membership tomorrow. If they dont let me print i cancel my membership

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast