Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

UD Making Progress With Tarasenko?

I don't have the link to the Facebook post (I'm on mobile) but today UD posted some photos of NHL players singing cards during the All-Star weekend.

Someone commented on Tarasenko and UD replied with:

"Matt, we had good talks with his agent. Working on a signing session now"

There is hope for my Future Watch redemptions after all.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

This is positive news.

I have a Future Watch Auto redemption pending as well. Here's hoping he signs his cards soon.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

There was already a thread about signing during the All-Star break and Tarasenko did not sign but there is still hope. Good-luck to all of you holding Tarasenko redemptions.

Honestly I would not want to sign 999 Future Watch cards plus a plethora of other cards. I give kudos to all those who have nice signatures and are consistent but I feel that top tier players sign less to keep value in their cards. Not rookie cards obviously but maybe there won't be 999 Future Watch released. It will be a hot commodity when(if) he does sign that's for sure.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I doubt any player cares about the value in their cards. They don't sign because it takes forever and is a major pain in the posterior.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

I doubt any player cares about the value in their cards. They don't sign because it takes forever and is a major pain in the posterior.

+1 Most players could care less what there stuff is worth. It does take forever and it is a huge pain for the players. They are getting paid peanuts to sign thousands of autographs. It sucks to be honest. Try and sign you autograph /999 times then imagine all the others they sign.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 1997udgj's Items on eBay

Well, if you look at other sports, you can boost your auto value to companies by not signing. Tom Brady gets $400-$500/auto from companies now because he didn't sign for a long time. You are right, don't give a you know what about the value, but they do care about the Auto value to UD/Panini/Topps/ect....

But Rookies gotta sign!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Oh I didn't say that players care about their auto being worth more but the companies themselves don't have some players sign a crap-load just so they are worth more. But this is why I said I admire nice signatures and consistency in those signatures.

I feel bad for those players in the early 90s who signed 10,000 signatures and never made it far in the league.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Hey, if they never made it in the league the pay for signing those 10,000 cards might come in handy. I'd sign my name 10,000 times for 25 cents an auto all day long. Does anyone know what these guys actually get paid for this? is it a flat rate, or do some guys command more?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See notoriousrob101's Items on eBay

I don't really care how much of a pain in the ™™™ it is for the players to sign. They spend a lot of time doing PR work. This should be allotted in that time. Case in point, PK Subban. Some day Tarsenko will need to grow up and sign.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

I don't really care how much of a pain in the ™™™ it is for the players to sign. They spend a lot of time doing PR work. This should be allotted in that time. Case in point, PK Subban. Some day Tarsenko will need to grow up and sign.

It gets to a point where the players can decide for themselves whether they want to sign or not. When they're rookies though I'm pretty sure they are obligated to do a certain amount of signing for licensed manufacturers in the first couple of years. If they ignore their obligations card companies rarely enforce anything or take legal action because they want to maintain relationships with the players (and their teammates) into the future. Getting into disputes with players would only hurt companies more than it would help.