Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

See allseazonz's Items on eBay

Tension builds when a game is in SUDDEN DEATH... and DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS... now, in our Championship there were 16 saves by our goalie, and 13 by the other goalie, both of which went on to elite camps full-ride... It's funny that no one appreciates defense in any sport any more. I'd rather see a no-hitter or perfect game that a 6 HR contest... one you see maybe once in a lifetime, the other once a week. I'd rather see 10 sacks or 4 interceptions than 5 TD passes. Man, I guess I'm just OLD SCHOOL?

SCF Rewards
    Country

lol justsanders i like how you think, but like i said.. im a keeper.

SCF Rewards
    Country

kinda hard when 90% of world class soccer games are 1-0 to attribute that to "good defense"....it is a game of strategy, ball control, and finesse....when i think of defense, i think of toughness...nothing tough about the game of soccer

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

what do you think about ties justsanders? Im just curious

SCF Rewards
    Country

Quote Originally Posted by theproudestmonkey
    i played 10 years of soccer and 3 years of VARSITY FOOTBALL....there is NO question which is the more demanding sport!!

Gunna have to agree with monkey here.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Quote Originally Posted by DeWittFootball20
    Gunna have to agree with monkey here.

thanks dewitt!! i never did Two-A-Days in the 95 degree summer heat to get prepared for a soccer season!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yea, but I do have to say, as bad as football practice can be, Wrestling practice can be 10x worse. I actually usually look forward to football practice because I have some fun, but I absolutly dread going to wrestling practice. And it doesnt help when you cant eat much cuz you gotta keep your weight down.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Quote Originally Posted by justsandersplease
    Tension builds when a game is in SUDDEN DEATH... and DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS... now, in our Championship there were 16 saves by our goalie, and 13 by the other goalie, both of which went on to elite camps full-ride... It's funny that no one appreciates defense in any sport any more. I'd rather see a no-hitter or perfect game that a 6 HR contest... one you see maybe once in a lifetime, the other once a week. I'd rather see 10 sacks or 4 interceptions than 5 TD passes. Man, I guess I'm just OLD SCHOOL?

You know up until like the last 2 years I always thought like this about football, only really caring about the D, but since I've switched fro Guard/Linebacker to Runningback/Linebacker I am pretty even with my appreciation of both aspects of the game. And thats not badmouthing lineman at all becuz I still beilieve the the O-line is the key component to a good team.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Quote Originally Posted by DeWittFootball20
    Yea, but I do have to say, as bad as football practice can be, Wrestling practice can be 10x worse. I actually usually look forward to football practice because I have some fun, but I absolutly dread going to wrestling practice. And it doesnt help when you cant eat much cuz you gotta keep your weight down.

yeah...the whole cutting weight thing is tough...always supported our team, but never had any interest in joining (didnt have a choice since our 171 pounder was a 2 year state champion, lol)

See allseazonz's Items on eBay

Ties are very unnecessary in the leagues where they play maybe 3 games in 15 days... if you actually play as often as 4X a week, as in the league I coach in, and in SNOW at least twice a season... PLUS the league is CoEd so TEAM is of the utmost importance... we NEED ties in that league, just to avoid having some kid die after the third game of the week... if it happened to be a girl, the season could be forfeited as well- there's a rule about 3 field players at all times being girls- you can play w/ 2 but down a player, and GOALIES are not counted as 1 of the 3... I actually coached the girl goalie in the league who set the record for most shutouts over 4 yrs, most consecutive shutouts, most shutouts in a season... she was a BASEBALL CATCHER before I got her- I made her goalie on day 1 of her first Jayvee practice

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast