Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

alex, I am unsure how many times I need to say this, but you have no clue about Christianity or the Bible.

facts;

OT is the old covenant which was ended because of their inability to be decent humans.
    the OT teaches us how not to be.
    If I accepted the OT as rule, then I would be Jewish.
    I do not need to reject something that has already been rejected by God.
    the OT is history and documents humans ideas about God and their relationship with God.

the NT is the lesson on how to live after we have failed so many times. Jesus teaches us to love, which is the key.
    Guess what, these rules apply to us and to Gods covenant with us, meaning all the stuff you would "burn" for in the OT is not the same as now.

It seems the "Christians" you were with were not very Christian like, so instead of seeking others, you just turned away.
    which I will admit, it is easier to give up then it is to roll up your sleeves and dig a lot deeper.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

[QUOTE=JustAlex;13713174]Christianity at it's finest...

It's funny because the cake maker is a Christian and doesn't wish to write the discriminatory message on the cake....the cake going to other Christians...

God, I love this SO MUCH...not only do you see in this story how Christians range from bigoted morons to decent human beings, you also see the very contradicting nature that is the Bible...

There is absolutely no doubt about how bigoted the Bible truly is towards guys....they are an abomination, they are filthy, they are sinners, they deserve DEATH BY STONNING!

The Bible couldn't be any more clear on what and how gays should be treated...

And yet on the other side, the compassionate side, one which claims one should not judge, one should even love thy enemy, and one should act upon the golden rule.

I literally don't know how any Christian deals with such conflictory message.

THANK GOD I'm not a Christian. :)[/QUOTE]

Alex just curious do you think the group has got the hint your not a Christian??????? Or must you put it in every single thread you comment on as an ender????

SCF Rewards
    Country

Shrew, I'm perfectly aware of this "old covenant" tactic that some Christians like to use whenever the OT is mentioned.

And yet, many Christians....millions in fact still point to the OT for their reasoning as to why gays should not marry and why their lifestyle is "wrong" and sinful.

You should at the very least be aware of that, and know that I'm not making that up...

The truth is that you are not the mainstream Christian, I wish you were, trust me I do, but you're not.

The mainstream still believes the Bible is the inspired word of God, homosexuality is a sin, and yes they cherry pick the hell out of the OT.

The "Christians" I was with was evangelicals, probably still the LARGEST protestant denomination in the United States.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I've always thought it was bad business to refuse a customer because of what they wanted on their cake... unless the request exceeded one's skill. I do get an owner not wanting to create something that they might not agree with as well. I'm not sure where I sit on this. I get both sides of this.

Trying to put myself in the business's shoes... if someone wanted to commission me to do an anti gay marriage painting or graphic design I'm not sure what I would do. I'd more than likely quote them a very inflated price. Then let them decide if they wanted to pay or not. I guess for a cake shop it's a bit different because they may already have posted prices.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I don't think they should have to make it, but I also don't think people should have to make cakes for gay weddings if they don't want to.

I never understood how people who want personal freedoms, refuse to allow others to have the same.

I'm on the same page.

SCF Rewards
    Country

alex you are wrong again, did you even bother looking at the article I posted in the other thread?

what is in the media does not make it the majority, it is what makes news and sells news.

no tactic needed, just some common sense, desire to really know something, and years of research.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

The bakery in this case should have to make the cake AND decorate it to the customers specifications unless it is deemed hate speech or something to that affect. If you offer your services to the public, you cannot pick and choose who you offer your services to.

If they have a blanket policy for ALL customers (for example; no nudity, sexual innuendos, etc) that is fine. But they can't pick and choose.

SCF Rewards
    Country

actually you can choose not to serve someone and have the right to do so.

the bakery owner has rights too, they would be risking losing business by refusing to serve particular people, but that is their call.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

actually you can choose not to serve someone and have the right to do so.

the bakery owner has rights too, they would be risking losing business by refusing to serve particular people, but that is their call.

No one has the right to discriminate.

SCF Rewards
    Country

refusal of service is not discrimination.
    two separate issues.
    I have the right to not only refuse service to my subscribers, but I can also cancel their account at any time, with no reason.
    Obviously I would not cancel an account for the fun of it, but there has been a few I canceled do to issues with them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast