Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Letters for TTM

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sport_schtuff's Items on eBay

Letters for TTM

I was wondering what people write when requesting autographs. I'd be interested in hearing ppl's ideas and thoughts...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dasbam84's Items on eBay

Typically, I open up the letter and congratulate them on their career and what they mean to me, in terms of childhood heroes or how I tried to emulate their abilities.

Next, I get to the point and say I am requesting their autograph. I try to show that I am a fan not looking to resale and tell them that adding their auto would be an honor in "(insert auto project)".

Last, I close it by wishing good luck in Their post-career, ongoing season, or upcomin season.

That's typically a page long and simple.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I do about the same as BAM 1984, but I also ask a couple questions.I have 3 binders full of replies to my questions.Some answers are 1-2 words,most a few sentences and sometimes I get full detailed letters.Its cool to hear some of the stories they tell!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sport_schtuff's Items on eBay

Oh that is an awesome idea! Myself personally, I try to write from the heart. Mentioning watching them as a kid, etc. If it's someone I'm not familiar with I'll google them research a bit and mention something in the messag3. IE Paul O'Neill wants to get into coaching. Sometimes I do both. What you do is priceless. I am definitely switching it up like that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @JamesBosoxfan1

Hey, I have literally received 1200-1400 letters ttm. I talk about collecting cards with my dad, and starting this hobby for him. I talk about their careers and wish them the best. I also include a second sheet with a picture of them from a card and ask them 2 questions about their career such as memories of their first game, who gave them the best advice or who was their favorite player growing up. Good luck with you collection.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have always hand written my letters (more heartfelt i think). I also usually ask them to personalize it to me if they can. Its my hobby and im not trying to sell the autographs. Have any of you ever typed a letter? Ive read opinions on both. Im not trying to get out of the labor of hand writing the letter, I just have hand writing like a 3 year old. Whats your thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See daytondragon's Items on eBay

I always type mine because like you said my handwriting is terrible also. I also think it makes it easier to read for some of the older players I send to. I always hand sign it though at the bottom. I've gotten most everything I've ever sent out back except for a few long shots I took a chance on.