Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cubbies1908's TTM and IP Success Thread

Hey Guys. I am starting a new thread about my TTM and IP successes! I love to play and watch baseball, baseball is my life! I like to collect sports cards and autographs. I like to collect autographs of any sports (mostly baseball) TTM or at sports games. I will post pictures of my successes, and they will go right into the database.
    Last edited by cubbies1908; 02-02-2015 at 04:45 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

2015 Cubs Convention

A couple weeks ago I attended the Cubs Convention! I got 21 autographs total. This year I went Friday night and all day saturday. Last year, I only went Friday night so I couldn't get as many autographs. Since the Cubs are supposed to be good now, the place was sold out. For most of the good players, like Rizzo, Lester, and Castro you need vouchers to get their autograph. I was able to get 2 vouchers and I luckily got Rizzo and Lee Smith. The Lee Smith signing was at 5 on Saturday night, so I couldn't go. I traded the voucher for a Joe Maddon! I was very excited at all the autographs I got!

Friday, January 16th: The only autographs on Friday night were surprise signings which are usually just minor leaguers which is fine with me, because the Cubs have the best farm system in baseball. After the opening ceremony, I rushed to the downstairs autograph hall. I stood in a random line not knowing who I was going to get. Last year I stood in a blind line, and I ended up getting Kris Bryant! This time, it ended up being No. 5 prospect in baseball Addison Russell! I waited in line for about a half an hour and I got him on a ball! Since the signings were only 45 minutes long, I got cut off while waiting in line for Albert Almora. Oh well, anyway I got Russell! After, I bought a Starlin Castro autographed All Star Game ball with a COA for $35. I decided to get it signed by Rizzo tomorrow to get both of the Cubs 2014 All-Stars!

Saturday January 17th: I got to the hotel at about 9 in the morning to catch the Jason Motte signing. I got him to sign 2 cards, and then I got in line for Glenn Beckert. I got Beckert on a card, and Jay Johnstone who was signing at the same place. Next I got in line for Edwin Jackson, I got 2 cards signed by him, and then I got Bob Howry on a card for practically no wait time! Next, I waited in line for Chris Coghlan. There was no wait time for Jacob Turner so I got him. When I was putting the Turner card in a case, it smudged badly! Oh well! I quickly got Les Lancaster, then waited in line for the Joe Maddon signing that I had a voucher for. I got him on a ball, and then waited in line for the Anthony Rizzo one. I finally got Rizzo on the All-Star game ball, and then decided to get Jackson again. There was virtually no wait, so I got him on another card and a mini helmet. I ended up getting Jackson 4 times! The best win of the day for me was that I knew that Cubs first-round draft pick Kyle Schwarber was doing a radio show for his minor league team the Myrtle Beach Pelicans. Me and ten other people got him after the radio show! I got him on a ball. To top the day off, Lee Smith was signing for his charity, so I paid the $20 fee to get his autograph. That was great, because I had to trade my voucher for him, and I got him anyway. I had had an amazing weekend at the Cubs Convention! I will post pics on another post, thanks for reading!
    Last edited by cubbies1908; 02-02-2015 at 06:48 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here are the pictures from the convention:

The Russell, Schwarber,Edwin Jackson mini-helmet, and All-Star Game Ball

The Maddon Ball

The Coghlan, Jason Motte, Lee Smith, and Glenn Beckert

Edwin Jackson, Bob Howry, Jacob Turner, and Les Lancaster
    Below: Jay Johnstone, Ron Coomer, and Glendon Rusch
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cubbies1908; 02-03-2015 at 06:06 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

An IP signing:
    -Charlie Tilson 2/2 There was a free signing for my baseball league and I was able to get two cards signed by him. He is the Cardinals No. 8 prospect I think and he is currently playing in AA.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@djauwerda See djauwerda's Items on eBay Instagram:

Always good to see another Chicago connection on the board. Great stuff so far. Love the Cubs Convention haul.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Always good to see another Chicago connection on the board. Great stuff so far. Love the Cubs Convention haul.

Thank you for the comment djauwerda!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See harley476's Items on eBay

Looks like you made out really good at this years Cubs Convention!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Fellow Cub fan checking in.

Good stuff!

SCF Rewards
    Country

cool thread

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks Guys for all the nice comments, especially the Cub fans. I have sent out six TTMs so far for ST. Here is the list so far, I hope I get them back.

-Andrew Heaney
    -Justin Masterson
    -Koji Uehara
    -Kris Bryant
    -Albert Almora
    -Taijuan Walker

This list is just based on who has signed in recent years. If you have any recommendations on who to send to, let me know.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast