Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Doerr Fake?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bobby Doerr Fake?

Got a quick 2 week turnaround on a Bobby Doerr 8x10...I could be paranoid but looks nothing like some others I've seen returned...he's also 96 years old so it may have just been an off day...you tell me...

1355.jpeg

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @JamesBosoxfan1

I say it's real, Bobby wouldn't send out fakes in my book, and like you said he is 96. I hope I can still hold a pen at 96.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (126)
    Country

Sadly, Mr. Doerr's signature has started to go recently. This is one of the worst ones that I've seen, but they have been progressively worse. Its a shame to see it happen to such a great guy

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's what I said. If I can even remember my name at 96 I'll take it. I hope he reads (or someone reads to him) all the fan mail he still gets. It's a pretty classy move to continue mailing autographs out at his age.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's what I said. If I can even remember my name at 96 I'll take it. I hope he reads (or someone reads to him) all the fan mail he still gets. It's a pretty classy move to continue mailing autographs out at his age.

I'd say he reads it. Or at least someone reads it to him. I asked for my baseball to be personalized and it was.

As for the OP, it seems like his signature is fading because of his age. It's amazing that he still takes the time to sign for people who send to him. Great guy!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I got an auto that looks like that from him lately, I think that he is just getting older.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am new to this website but I can tell you that Bobby Doerr is now in a nursing home. His health is failing. I received this information from a contact in Junction City, OR where he lives. He will be 97 on April 7th. What a great guy unbelievable that he still manages to sign autographs with his frail condition. He is the epitome of a true hero.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

reminds me of stan musial, his autograph was very different from his usual autograph towards the end. i have a ball i got signed in 2009 and it was bad then.

i got mr. doerr back in 2010 and the "b" looks like it was signed the same way just more shaky now

SCF Rewards
    Country

Best HOF signer of all all time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Absolutely the best...never got his autograph at Fenway during his visits there but a friend in Oregon just mailed it to me yesterday. He and Johnny Pesky are my all time favorite Red Sox players. It was always a great time at Fenway when they were around for visits...and they both received the loudest cheers for any special event!!! Still miss seeing Pesky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast