Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

National Hockey Card Day 2015

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hmmmm .... I think National Hockey Card Day shares the date with another equally important date to the female community.

Seriously someone failed here.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Why do they Kessel, Ryan, and Miller in the "US" packs?

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Why do they Kessel, Ryan, and Miller in the "US" packs?

Because they're American.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Because they're American.

...wearing their Canadian team jerseys... I think Toronto, Ottawa, and Vancouver fans would want those cards more than most Americans.

That is one big difference between American and Canadian hockey fans. Americans cheer for their team and don't care where the players come from. Canadians cheer for Canadian players, no matter what team they are on.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

...wearing their Canadian team jerseys... I think Toronto, Ottawa, and Vancouver fans would want those cards more than most Americans.

That is one big difference between American and Canadian hockey fans. Americans cheer for their team and don't care where the players come from. Canadians cheer for Canadian players, no matter what team they are on.

That's a strange and probably not entirely accurate very broad generalization.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I rather think he is some what right, especially since still not that many American's play in the NHL. In the past, more so, so American fans would have their home team loaded with non American's, but still love their U.S based home team. On the other hand, Canadian hockey fans can be more ethnocentric than they realize.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

LOL yep, I cheer for all 30 teams. Go Canadian guys!

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's a strange and probably not entirely accurate very broad generalization.

Of course, any time you say EVERYONE, you are over-generalizing. But for the most part it's true. Canadians generally root for Canadian teams in the playoffs, and once all the teams from Canada are out, then they simply root for a certain player's team, if they even care at all. Several years ago, TSN was covering the AHL playoffs with game-by-game stats and analysis for every series. The last Canadian team lost in the semis, and the Final was between Hershey and Milwaukee. Well, after covering every game of every series, for the Final, they didn't even post the boxscores! I had to look online for newspapers in PA and WI to find the scores!

Toronto fans and Montreal fans generally hate each other during the season, right? But once one losses, most fans will start rooting for the one that is still in the playoffs. I see Canadian fans say that all the time here, and on TSN, and my friends who live up there. American fans would never do that. I despise the Penguins. I would never root for them if they were playing a Canadian team in the Finals, just because they are an American team. I would not root for the Penguins if they were playing Al-Qaida's hockey team!

Its not a racist, ethno-centric, or xenophobic idea. It's simply the way those hockey markets have developed over time. As mooneyes said, most American hockey markets developed with mostly foreign players, so we don't really care where our players come from. Candians see players grow up around them because they have junior and minor hockey all around them, so they remember certain players from when they were kids and stay fans of them through their careers.

If they want to make cards of American players for the American market, they should put them in their Olympic uniforms. I would much rather have a Joe Thornton (yes, a Canadian) card in his Sharks uni than a Phil Kessel card in his Toronto uni.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 416gibby's Items on eBay

I will have a few packs coming to me drop me a PM if anyone is looking for sets or singles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast