Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Let me ask this question to all...here's a man who is now 90 yrs.old.Always attracted to women,
    had a tremendous life,married not once,not twice,but 3 times.Had 6 lovely children,loved each
    of his wives dearly and had a very successful and meaningful life up to this point.
    Now in 2015....he becomes a widower.A few months pass...and he finds himself atracted to a man
    and decides to sexually get involved....would this not be considered a"CHOICE" for him?? OR...
    was this man lying to himself for 90+ yrs??

No, that would indicate that he was either born bisexual with the ability to choose and has now chosen the same sex, or he is straight and enjoys sex enough that he has now chosen to be with a man.

No one is claiming that a straight person can't choose. The contention is that the vast majority do not choose to go against their nature. We contend that when someone tells you they were born that way, they are being truthful.

Through all these debates and conversations, I am still perplexed at why there is so much opposition to the obvious. What motivates an individual to tell a gay person that THEY know better?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

I think I went through this already but society and time has changed what we do and why we do it. we have no need to mate as we once did, in fact we should not be mating and get the population back under control.
    I don't think people need to mate to be in a sexual relationship.

Andrew maybe it is not a choice of yours, but it is the choice of some people.
    For me, I don't think it matters, you need no excuse to do what you do, I could care less what you do or why you do what you do.
    If you are a good person and you are happy, then I am happy for you.

Anybody who is against you for what you do, is an idiot and their opinion is worthless.

habs, I don't care if it is a choice or not. No way to prove it and either way could be a positive or negative, depending who is looking at it.

So you discount ALL of the personal accounts of the LGBT community?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

and I have tonnes of testimonials.

so then you believe in every religion that has been on earth, there has been an unbelievable amount of testimonies to "prove" it.

I don think this thread turning into choice vs genetics is going to go well.
    Perhaps we should all reconsider what we might post.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Habs, you're just downright nasty...you can't even give me an ounce of respect, what a shame because you think you are so smart. You won't even allow a Christian to have their own experiences because you are just so damn smart. I really hope that a big piece of humble pie comes your way some day.

If you read the post, (I edited it to remove the DO NOT) it's clear that the DO NOT does not belong in the sentence. I would never claim otherwise.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

How is that apples to apples? Shrew asked a valid question that nobody can answer about genetic proof of one being homosexual (If I misinterpreted the question correct me Shrew). If it is a choice, the debate is over, if it is not, where is the proof. Just taking a gay persons word for it is the same as believing a Christian that says God exists.

Why is the debate over only if there is proof there is a choice? Scientific "proof" is ALWAYS debated for eternities. Think global warming. Everybody has "proof".

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

So you discount ALL of the personal accounts of the LGBT community?

no more than I discount all the personal accounts of everything I have not experienced myself.

If you want to go this route, I will say that one in three people on earth are christian, do you discount all their personal accounts? Do they not know their own mind, body, and spirit?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Let me ask this question to all...here's a man who is now 90 yrs.old.Always attracted to women,
    had a tremendous life,married not once,not twice,but 3 times.Had 6 lovely children,loved each
    of his wives dearly and had a very successful and meaningful life up to this point.
    Now in 2015....he becomes a widower.A few months pass...and he finds himself atracted to a man
    and decides to sexually get involved....would this not be considered a"CHOICE" for him?? OR...
    was this man lying to himself for 90+ yrs??

From a Humans of New York post from December of last year:

"I was married to a woman when I met him."
    "Why did you marry a woman?"
    "Because I thought being gay was a choice. Until the honeymoon."

And another response:

As a woman who very nearly married a gay man who fought it for years, I can tell you that she was devastated. But I can also tell you that if she loved you as immensely as a marriage would imply, her heart wouldn't have been able to tolerate you living as someone you were not, living a war against yourself.

My ex is one of my very best friends, to this day. He found love, and I found love, and we found a way to love each other in the middle of the mess.
    Last edited by andrewhoya; 02-16-2015 at 08:43 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

If the bible gets "updated" again and they say, "we misinterpreted it....says here youre supposed to be gay". Could you just go be with a man? Im guessing no since youve been straight forward and clear about your feelings. I feel its the same....you couldnt CHOOSE to just up and be with a man. Just put the shoe on the other foot for A MINUTE!

Edit: should have worded differently. You cant choose to be attracted to someone.

I'm not sure I understand what your getting at here.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not sure I understand what your getting at here.

I think if he was saying if the Bible got changed and it was actually supposed to say everyone is supposed to be gay, people would still be straight, as it's not a choice.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

so then you believe in every religion that has been on earth, there has been an unbelievable amount of testimonies to "prove" it.

I don think this thread turning into choice vs genetics is going to go well.
    Perhaps we should all reconsider what we might post.

Again, you are confusing personal experiences with knowledge. There's not a single testimonial about religion that is based on knowledge. Andrew knows himself. My daughter knows herself. My daughter's claim does not fly in the face of science. Every religious claim does. That's the measuring stick. You cannot compare the two.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast