Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've been turned off from posting on these topics...too much delusion and teaming up, honestly.

Andrew-Maybe I can help you with something. Everytime someone agrees with someone else, it isn't always "teaming up" on them. With our politics and sexual preferences put aside, I hope that you will come to a realization that just because One is gay, or some other type of minority, all of One's problems don't stem from this and not everyone is treating you as an adversary.

Kids growing up today are learning that everyone wins, everyone is equal, and I should have what you have and then real life kicks them in the arse someday.

I would say thanks to Blackdiamond for answering my question in a mature way.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Andrew-Maybe I can help you with something. Everytime someone agrees with someone else, it isn't always "teaming up" on them. With our politics and sexual preferences put aside, I hope that you will come to a realization that just because One is gay, or some other type of minority, all of One's problems don't stem from this and not everyone is treating you as an adversary.

Kids growing up today are learning that everyone wins, everyone is equal, and I should have what you have and then real life kicks them in the arse someday.

I would say thanks to Blackdiamond for answering my question in a mature way.

Really? You can't be serious if you don't believe people don't get teamed up on. I wasn't referring to myself when I said that, either. I was referring to the likes of Alex, veggie, even habs at times, and I just find it disgusting at times to read. You should know very well that I don't care how others see me on this board, or else I would never post. None of my problems stem from me not being straight. None of them. Thanks for making that assumption, though.

There is only one winner...not everybody is equal. What made you think I believe the opposite? I absolutely HATE how kids get trophies for everything, for example. I coach football. The only 2 teams I coached who have gotten trophies were the two that won the super bowl. Kids need to learn that losing is totally fine and there is only one winner, and not to get their you know what in a bunch if things don't go their way. Kids these days are way too soft and sheltered, but that's a whole nother topic for discussion.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Really? You can't be serious if you don't believe people don't get teamed up on. I wasn't referring to myself when I said that, either. I was referring to the likes of Alex, veggie, even habs at times, and I just find it disgusting at times to read. You should know very well that I don't care how others see me on this board, or else I would never post. None of my problems stem from me not being straight. None of them. Thanks for making that assumption, though.

There is only one winner...not everybody is equal. What made you think I believe the opposite? I absolutely HATE how kids get trophies for everything, for example. I coach football. The only 2 teams I coached who have gotten trophies were the two that won the super bowl. Kids need to learn that losing is totally fine and there is only one winner, and not to get their you know what in a bunch if things don't go their way. Kids these days are way too soft and sheltered, but that's a whole nother topic for discussion.

I suppose that is another topic but they are closely related in their symptoms and manifestations in culture.

Teaming Up?? If we are talking about the P&R board, no I don't see it that way, I've been through too many real "teaming up" situations so this little pitter patter banter on here is childs play.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I suppose that is another topic but they are closely related in their symptoms and manifestations in culture.

Teaming Up?? If we are talking about the P&R board, no I don't see it that way, I've been through too many real "teaming up" situations so this little pitter patter banter on here is childs play.

I've never been teamed up on before so maybe our experiences have left us with different interpretations.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

because someone makes a statement that multiple people strongly disagree with and respond to that statement does not make anyone teaming up on another.

I would suggest thinking about how this happens and who has posted what to make you think this is happening.

people are not innocently posting their opinions when this occurs, just take a look at alex's signature.

People taking a stance against garbage is hardly teaming up.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here is something for anyone that feels like they are being team up on to think about because this is what I do. I think about the soldier climbing through the mountains on some other continent chasing a group of thugs from the 12th century and he missed his two year old and his wife's birthday because he is serving his country and skype hasn't been working and he hasn't even been able to make an internet phone call to talk to anyone state side in a few weeks and has to eat MREs all day and night and might get 5 hours of sleep tonight. Yeah right and I got teamed up on by a couple people that don't think like me on the internet.

THIS IS NOT DIRECTED AT ANY ONE INDIVIDUAL BUT KEEP THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE FOLKS!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I have to say agreeing with others in my opinion is not teaming up. And I take it that only adults take part in the P and R board. But sometimes folks post and they act like children not adults. And that is whine they may feel teamed up on and then whine about it instead of talking a stance or defending their objective. See too may start a post then run just to get the juices flowing. Anyhow that is my rant all people have to do is pull up the big boy pants and act like an adult since they talk like one.AND THIS IS MY OPINION IT IS NOT DIRECTED AT ANYBODY IN PARTICULAR. But if you feel this describes you look in the mirror and say "hey maybe he has a point".

SCF Rewards
    Country

BTW, not calling you out on teaming up at all. You are definitely one of the more level headed ones in this section, which I think I've told you before. I was simply passing along the opinions of myself and countless others who I have spoken with via PM about this section. Now, I only see bits and pieces of the forum, as do the people who are lurkers and not posters, so may for those posting it seems perfectly normal and all. If I posted on every thread like many of you do, I think my perception would change.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I don't think he's calling a few people disagreeing with a single persons opinion as being teamed up against. I assume he's talking about the childish posts where a few people post about another member. For example... living in a parent's basement, sitting behind a computer all day, eating cheetos and so on. Maybe people posting about a member that hasn't even posted in a specific thread. Not to speak for Andrew, but I'm guessing that is the stuff that he's speaking about when he's talking about being teamed up against.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Oklahoma City Thunder Los Angeles Dodgers
    See 22chrisbrown29's Items on eBay

Hi guys, just getting back to this thread, been working long hours!

I'm just now recently back on the site, been gone for quite some time.

My biggest concern about the misconceptions of gay and lesbian folks is twofold. Firstly, that all people who are in a same sex relationship choose to be gay. Growing up in the 70s, I had no exposure to movies, books andvthe like. The only things I remember from my childhood are Anita Bryant and her rants and Harvey Milk being assassinated. Coming out in the 80s was scary....this was at the height of the AIDS scare. The only choice I did make was to livean honest life as to who I am at the core of my being...to do anything else would be to rob myself of happiness. The second is the way media portrays lesbians and gays (not so much anymore). Back in the day, when there would be gay pride events, the media would focus primarily on the weirdos. The majority of us aren't flashy, walking around in flamboyant dress and just, in my opinion, acting a fool. I remember one year the group called queer nation desecrated a church and that turned my stomach. It was an embarrassment to all of us who have respect for all people.

I hage been threatened with bodily injury, rape, ridicule and hate, even spat upon...all for no other reason than loving one I am naturally attracted to. Thankfully things have progressed in a positive manner.

I have friends who believe being gay is a sin. Obviously I don't agree, but I respect their right to believe how they believe. Thankfully my family has always been accepting, which made my living as my nature intended an easy one, more or less.

I believe it's healthy to have these sort of debates. I think it teaches people on both sides of the issue to be more understanding of one another and, in turn, more accepting of our personal thoughts and beliefs. :)

And thank you for the well wishes! It will be my first and last marriage....I take it very seriously! I appreciate it very much!
    Last edited by BlackDiam0nd66; 02-16-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast