Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Just because I am a jerk, I will continue this argument.
    you like facts? Facts are you choose to be with who you are attracted to.
    People can be attracted to someone who is not attracted to them.
    someone who is married and attracted to someone they work with. Personal ethics will obviously play a role, but it will be their choice to act on the attraction or not.
    attraction does not have to be acted upon, in fact, the chemical makeup of "attraction" is pretty much like being on drugs, and most of us do not make great choices under the influence.
    I think sex is an important part of a relationship, but it makes up a very small part of it. with out the rest, the best sex in the world doesn't make up for it and a monogamous, healthy relationship will not stand the test of time.

again, what is the importance of it being genetic, something you are born as? why does that matter?
    can't someone just be a homosexual, no questions asked?

For a great deal of the population, yes they can. For many parents and bigots, no they can't. That is why it is important. Acceptance is not a given.

And again, what is the importance of it NOT being genetic?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

I will say, good job at people keeping level headed.

I will say again, why does it matter if it is a choice or not?

according to many people it is not a choice, for some it is a choice, who cares? It is your life.

it can make some people assume you are needing justification to what you are doing, but you are doing nothing "wrong". I could care less if you are a vegetarian, I could care less what type of music you listen to, I could care less about your beliefs on religion, that is your personal stuff, call it a choice, call it a gift, call it a genetic trait, I don't care.

I only care when you trample on my rights, you hurt others, or you try to force it down everyones throat.

habs, God is part of you, to know you is to know a part of God, or our my feelings, personal knowledge, and personal experiences not as legit as others because my refer to religion rather than sexuality?

Would a Zen monk not know himself a bit more deeply than the average Joe? Would not a monk of any religion have deeper research into themselves than the average Joe?

Do you care when the rights of others are trampled on? That's the only reason why the "agenda" is being shoved down everyone's throats by the media. And this is coming from a guy who hates reading all of the LGBT articles online just as much as anyone else. But, I hate the media in general, so maybe that's it. It'll be over in a few years...hopefully.
    perhaps, anti-religious and pro LGBT?
    I don't think he cares you are ok with homosexuals, just that you are not ok with theists.
    But maybe I am wrong, just a hunch.

What about a gay theist?

BTW, I can't speak for all, but gay is not derogatory. Feel free to use it freely. Fewer letters to type..and the word homosexual is just weird.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just because I am a jerk, I will continue this argument.
    you like facts? Facts are you choose to be with who you are attracted to.
    People can be attracted to someone who is not attracted to them.
    someone who is married and attracted to someone they work with. Personal ethics will obviously play a role, but it will be their choice to act on the attraction or not.
    attraction does not have to be acted upon, in fact, the chemical makeup of "attraction" is pretty much like being on drugs, and most of us do not make great choices under the influence.

I think sex is an important part of a relationship, but it makes up a very small part of it. with out the rest, the best sex in the world doesn't make up for it and a monogamous, healthy relationship will not stand the test of time.

again, what is the importance of it being genetic, something you are born as? why does that matter?
    can't someone just be a homosexual, no questions asked?

Exactly. You choose to be with who you are ATTRACTED TO. Still no argument there about the actual attraction part, only the choice of who you are with. I dont think youre a jerk.

SCF Rewards
    Country

perhaps, anti-religious and pro LGBT?
    I don't think he cares you are ok with homosexuals, just that you are not ok with theists.
    But maybe I am wrong, just a hunch.

For the record then. Im totally fine with theists. I think its a necessary part of society. My family is very religious in fact. And just because I feel people shouldn't feel superior to others, and im pro-human, does not mean I have an agenda. Its the opposite actually. Its all the "agendas" I cant stand. Live and let live...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I feel people shouldn't feel superior to others

who could argue with that?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

who could argue with that?

my awesomeness

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

as far as genetic or not,id say both and something else
    i know a few different types of gay,the you would never know,the butch/metro-sexual,the flamin,the you could tell in grade school and the didnt know until they where 40,seems to be an individual thing

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

For many parents and bigots, no they can't. That is why it is important. Acceptance is not a given.

I agree and it makes me angry (so to say).

too much time is wasted on things that should be a "given" and other vital issues are left behind, some how forgotten.

And again, what is the importance of it NOT being genetic?

being born gay is an opinion, not a fact empirical fact. the reason you are gay should be of no concern, the right to chose your spouse should be. so to me it is a mute point to argue wither way. I would have no problem saying for some it is and for some it is not.

Do you care when the rights of others are trampled on? That's the only reason why the "agenda" is being shoved down everyone's throats by the media. And this is coming from a guy who hates reading all of the LGBT articles online just as much as anyone else. But, I hate the media in general, so maybe that's it. It'll be over in a few years...hopefully.

the arguments against being gay are dumb, the arguments against gay marriage are weak.
    once you rule out religion, which in a free society religious beliefs should not influence law. being married is a legal right and Clinton nor anyone else should be able to define it any further than willing, of sound mind, legal age, human beings.

I think that any pro gay movement will help those that are willing to be helped on the subject, but the freaks who would hurt or threaten gays, because they are gay, won't change. lock them up (though that won't help either)
    I actually did a paper a few years back on this.

What about a gay theist?

interesting subject.

of all our friends, and couples we hang around with, none of them even go to church, at least not that I know of. I know at least two of them were raised in "Christian households", but they now only go to church when someone is dead or getting married.

I would imagine that there are very few if any Gay Muslims, or Gay Muslim scholars. I am sure tehre are a some Christian theologians, I am also unsure about Hindu or other religions.

Interesting topic swing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I see that for the most part it's almost unanimous on how many people on here are OK with legal gay marriage....

But there is no doubt that the FAR RIGHT will fight this to the bitter end, and there is also no doubt in my mind that even AFTER gay marriage is finally legalized in all 50 states you will see things like what is going on in Alabama right now where literally you have judges defying the HIGHEST court in the land because their bigotry is just too much...

Funny that it just HAD TO BE Alabama....the same state (along with the rest of the PATHETIC South) that disobeyed laws and orders from the federal government during the Civil Rights era as well....they were stubborn to the bitter end....hell, some of them are STILL stubborn today.

Anyways, I want to reiterate what I said in a previous thread....

HISTORY will remember which side was on the right and which was on the wrong.

For the most part it was ONCE AGAIN Conservatives (especially politicians) on the wrong side, while Progressives and Liberals were on the right side.

Oh yeah, don't think I will stop saying that because I won't.....I might forgive but I sure as hell do not forget.

I'm a BIG fan of schadenfreude and when the decision comes down.....I would love nothing more than to lick the tears of far right Christians and conservatives who still want to fight this.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

Well it was a constructive conversation until now.

It's 2014 and it amazes me that this is still an issue anywhere. And for people like the poster below there are 2 sides to every coin. I have been ridiculed and made fun of in Provincetown, MA. I have been called a "Breeder" while walking there with my wife.

There are morons everywhere.

I see that for the most part it's almost unanimous on how many people on here are OK with legal gay marriage....

But there is no doubt that the FAR RIGHT will fight this to the bitter end, and there is also no doubt in my mind that even AFTER gay marriage is finally legalized in all 50 states you will see things like what is going on in Alabama right now where literally you have judges defying the HIGHEST court in the land because their bigotry is just too much...

Funny that it just HAD TO BE Alabama....the same state (along with the rest of the PATHETIC South) that disobeyed laws and orders from the federal government during the Civil Rights era as well....they were stubborn to the bitter end....hell, some of them are STILL stubborn today.

Anyways, I want to reiterate what I said in a previous thread....

HISTORY will remember which side was on the right and which was on the wrong.

For the most part it was ONCE AGAIN Conservatives (especially politicians) on the wrong side, while Progressives and Liberals were on the right side.

Oh yeah, don't think I will stop saying that because I won't.....I might forgive but I sure as hell do not forget.

I'm a BIG fan of schadenfreude and when the decision comes down.....I would love nothing more than to lick the tears of far right Christians and conservatives who still want to fight this.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast