Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

COMC raising mailbox fees.

Hi all,

For many international collectors, it comes as a blow that COMC is raising their mailbox fees - previously $1 per card, now $2 per package and 50c per card. What used to be maybe $2.50 for shipping from the seller and a $1 fee would now cost $5 for a single card.

If you have the time, send COMC an email at [email protected] and voice your displeasure, or post on their Facebook. Hopefully they'll have a change of heart, even though I'm doubtful.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If I am reading their website correctly, it is $0.50 per card with a $2.00 minimum per package. That is 1-4 is $2.00 and then it is $0.50 per card. The wrinkle in this is that "bonus cards" are also $0.50 per card with no refund if you donate them to charity, so you need to make sure the seller doesn't send you any random unwanted cards in the package.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

1. How much does it cost to send cards to a COMC Mailbox?

a. $0.50 per card with a $2.00 minimum charge per package. This applies to standard-sized raw cards.
      b. $1.00 per graded, encased, oversized, booklets, One Touched and/or Screwed Down cards with the same $2.00 minimum charge per package.

If it's a package with a single card, you're right. It's going up in cost. $2 instead of $1.

If it's 2 cards, the price remains the same. $2

If it's more than 2 cards, the price has gone down. 3 or 4 cards will cost $2, instead of $3 or $4.

5 cards would cost $2.50 instead of $5, and add 50 cents to the new cost... and $1 to the old cost... for every card after that.

I don't use their service a ton, but I use it enough. I've had one package this year that had 12 cards in.... and I would have saved a bundle under their new pricing.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

So this is a good thing? I've only had cards on COMC for a month and I wish I knew whether my buyers were international or not. Enjoy.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

So really you aren't going to save much money on single card purchases anymore

Buy in Canada 3 to 4 $ most ebay sellers charge
    Buy in USA to COMC 2 to 3 $ to ebay seller + 2$ comc charge + comc shipping charge if you are not going to sell it
    Buy in USA ship to Canada 6 to 7$ most sellers

IS my thinking and math correct on this ?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

USA to Canada shipping.... it's usually $7, or Global Priority (which can get crazy).

If USA domestic shipping is $3, then yes... on a single card, you're only saving $2 (the $3 to get it to COMC, and then $2 for them to process it). Very common to find USA domestic for less than that. Free shipping, or < $2 sometimes.

For sure this lowers the savings on single card purchases, but $2 is still $2.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

USA to Canada shipping.... it's usually $7, or Global Priority (which can get crazy).

If USA domestic shipping is $3, then yes... on a single card, you're only saving $2 (the $3 to get it to COMC, and then $2 for them to process it). Very common to find USA domestic for less than that. Free shipping, or < $2 sometimes.

For sure this lowers the savings on single card purchases, but $2 is still $2.

Also the fee for COMC to ship you , but yes still big savings to avoid the global shipping program sellers

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is true, it does cost $3 to have COMC mail it back to you... but I normally wait until I have 100 cards in my inventory to ship, and get the $5 credit for shipping 100 cards in a month. Even if I was only waiting for 20 cards to ship, that's still just 15 cents per card as an extra cost.

Also the fee for COMC to ship you , but yes still big savings to avoid the global shipping program sellers