Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sport_schtuff's Items on eBay

TTM 101 help? Sleeveless?

How does everyone send there cards out? I usually send my cards in a sleeve. Then i got this return :( and thought I would ask. Granted its only append once out of about 10 so far...

Thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I never send in plastic. When I do add something for protection it is just two index cards. It also has landed me a few signed ICs over the years as well. Back in the day I used to only send one IC and I would ask a question on it. I always loved when they came back answered. The question might be who was the toughest hitter you faced or what was your greatest baseball feat. Sometimes older players would fill the whole IC with an answer and it meant more to me than the signed card.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh wow, awesome. THANKS!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sleeves can really hurt more than they help. Found that out myself as well. To me they dont offer as much protection as they do a chance for smudges...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Kansas City Chiefs Kansas City Royals St Louis Blues
    Twitter: @cool_vintage

I started sending without a sleeve after a player I sent to signed the sleeve and the card. I haven't had an issue yet sending without any protection.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I put a little page tab on the top loaders I use that just say "Please wait for ink to dry, thanks" The player usually leaves it on the top loader when they return it, so I don't have to keep rewriting it. Worked perfectly so far.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Nice to see that Paul O'Neill signs through the mail. Where did you send to and how long did it take for you to get the cards back?

Thanks,
    Mike

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice to see that Paul O'Neill signs through the mail. Where did you send to and how long did it take for you to get the cards back?

Thanks,
    Mike

I'm answering this from phone so it's hard to go back and forth but if u check TTM mgr check for my name. I put all my cards in it. It was like 1-2 weeks really fast

SCF Rewards
    Country

How do you guys send TTM, just a letter asking for auto and return envelope?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I use index cards as well. Much better for protection and no errors of signing top loader or sleeve. Another bonus is the postal machines don't damage them very often because they are not rigid.

i usually send letter and sand which cards in it between my SASE and index cards. Most of the time index cards come back signed. I do use index cards to ask permission to send additional items, balls, photos. Players even sign and return those.