Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Any advice on selling bulk hockey cards

Hello all,

I did some cleaning in my place and found two old boxes mostly (see picture below) full of hockey cards that I collected when I was younger. Most of them dating from the 1991 - 1995 period. There are just too many of them for me to estimate how much they could be Worth. So what would you guys suggest if I wanted to sell them? Put them in bundles on eBay? Should I go through the brain damage of creating an excel folder and list every single card in my collection and then use forums like this one? What would I need to list in the excel file, player, brand, age, condition? Many of them are not in perfect condition and I dont think that there are huge hidden treasures in there, but you never know!

Thanks guys for your help!

Regards,

Alex.
    test 333.jpg

BANNED

Country

Honestly that year range either donate them or sell them off for $10. As you see on Craigslist there are tons of people with the same thing asking hundreds. With the mass production and overkill of no name players sets from those years just are not worth anything. Unless there is something very rare in there

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

find a neighborhood kid, get him to shovel your driveway/cut your lawn in exchange for the cards and you will be coming out ahead in the deal
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wohaaaa, ok then I think I won't even bother with the cards... I'll keep them in the boxes and come back in 10 years to see if I can extract any value out of them lol

Thanks a lot for the quick feedback Crosbyhart and Iheartjacquie.

Regards,

albilo

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

moving to the Hockey Card Talk section.

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

I hate to be the bearer or bad news but these cards will have the same value in 10 20 30 years as they do now....:(

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I heartjacquie is correct. There are some value in some extremely rare cards but the chances of you having them is very slim. The fact that people do throw these out upon finding out this info will make those extremely rare cards even harder to find. Which actually does bring some good news down the road.

I liken this to those who go to banks and buy $500 worth of rolled quarters or dimes and search through all of them just to find the silver ones. A lot of times people buy $10,000 and find maybe $6.25 worth of silver (in change value, not silver) and then there are times people buy $10,000 worth and find $100.25 of silver. There also times when people buy from a bank where someone similar just dumped that rolled change an there will be absolutely nothing in them. You just worked for free basically.

Some people will pay a SMALL amount for these early 90 cards doing the work of going through them all just to try and find that rare card knowing they most likely just threw away $20.

So in otherwords... you won't be able to sell this for much if at all and no shipping can be involved. If someone is driving through town and they are willing to pay for them that's the only way they will be sold.

Cheers,
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mw83krk's Items on eBay

I find that whenever I mention that I collect cards to a colleague they say they have a box full of cards at home, and they ask what they are worth. It always ends up being early to mid 90s stuff. I usually say I use mind for kindling... As mentioned the odd card or error card would have some value but unless you know what you are looking for it'll all look the same. If you have anything pre-1989 you might have some value ... Also look for anything that is serial numbered.