Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See csduncan69's Items on eBay

Derek Carr TTM Authenticity

Hello,
    I got back my ttm photo of Derek Carr signed today and I was wondering what the general consensus was on the authenticity of these. The ttm returns I see of his appear different than his certified autos, mainly in the top of the letter 'C'. The top of the 'C' in his certified autos all pretty much goes downward, but in his ttm sigs it goes upwards. I'd love to think my signature is authentic, but I'd also be interested to hear what everyone thinks.

Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Saw a couple of his ttm. I have a pretty huge Carr auto collection and when I compare them, his ttm looks off to me. The D is usually hooked in the end or Usually connected to the C.

SCF Rewards
    Country

he could have just a couple different ways of signing. I know Clay Matthews has 2 different types of sigs. I have gotten him a few times in person and that sig is completely different than ones that I have seen that he has done at signings.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really do hope they are authentic. I live in his home town, and have always heard he is a great guy. It would be strange for someone with a great reputation to have another person inscribe bible verses and forge their autographs. My wife works with Derek Carr's cousin and I wanted her to put a signed photo in her office. It would be pretty lame to have a fake signature in an office that Carr's cousin is sometimes in.

SCF Rewards
    Country

post a picture bud.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know a lot of players have their relatives sign for them when it comes to TTM. Can't fault them. They're super busy and imagine the amount of requests they receive.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here they are.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ChosenOne719's Items on eBay

I would say maybe he was going with a new signature but being a 2nd year guy it feels like it would be a little soon to changes up autos....

I got a Ian Desmond auto in person at a 2015 season Nats Fan Fest and the auto he signed on the photo looks much different than all of the autos that I have seen of his on cards like here is a auto of his on a card (image borrowed from an ebay auction)

$_12.JPG

and here is the photo of mine that I got signed in person

Last edited by ChosenOne719; 02-22-2015 at 08:50 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ChosenOne719's Items on eBay

Notice how it is pretty much two completely different autos.... For example the I on the card has a loop at the top on the photo it is a straight line then on the card there is nothing after the D but on the photo he continues signing after the D in his last name
    Last edited by ChosenOne719; 02-22-2015 at 08:31 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hello,
    I got back my ttm photo of Derek Carr signed today and I was wondering what the general consensus was on the authenticity of these. The ttm returns I see of his appear different than his certified autos, mainly in the top of the letter 'C'. The top of the 'C' in his certified autos all pretty much goes downward, but in his ttm sigs it goes upwards. I'd love to think my signature is authentic, but I'd also be interested to hear what everyone thinks.

Thanks.

I also sent him something ttm and got it back. Then i posted a pic of it to Twitter and wrote @ him just thanking him for taking the time and wished him luck next year. He actually replied and said "appreciate it. God Bless". So i really doubt he would reply to a message on Twitter regarding him signing an autograph if it was really fake you know? Yeah it looks off in comparison, but maybe he's just rushing thru to get them all done. Plus, i know some dudes use different autos for different things. Some guys use different autos as a way to know when it was signed. (Example, different autos for IP and TTM,that way someone that got it ttm couldn't claim to have gotten it in person). That's most likely what he's doing. His reputation is too clean to do something silly like using a family member to sign autos for him lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast