Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The Russians are coming! The Russians are coming!

Everyone else notice the plethora of Russian hockey cards for sale on EBay the past few months from sellers in Russia? Not just new KHL stuff, but older stuff (early 2000s). Looks like those sanctions are really starting to affect people, and they are looking for ways to earn dollars as the ruble plummets.

Come on Obama! Keep tightening the screws, so those ridiculouos EBay asking prices will fall to reasonable levels...

P.S. This is NOT meant to be a political thread, so please leave all Democrat/Republican comments where they belong (on the back of bathroom stall doors).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Well... I bought my first KHL card the other day from a seller in Latvia. A Russian collector says KHL cards are produced in Riga, Latvia and some sellers seem to be getting very rare cards mysteriously. Nothing really new there, but I do suspect a plethora of KHL cards on the market in the coming years which we are beginning to see now. I'm not really against it as I will only be buying Datsyuk cards (for the foreseeable future) and if let's say.. Russian collectors don't like what they're seeing they will continue to buy UD and ITG products more and more.

If 10,000 Russian collectors have been buying primarily KHL for the last 2+ years and 5,000 of them switch to UD/Panini/ITG products I don't see how that's a bad thing.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I hadn't noticed, but thanks for the heads-up. I managed to pick up a Russian card (Lundqvist Torino Olympics) I was looking for on E-Bay today.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Never noticed but I don't really search 1989-2004

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

I did a couple of the sets. The designs are actually pretty nice but a pain to collect.
    I collect Matt Dzieduszycki, Derek King, Pierre Turgeon (Isles only), Zigmund Palffy (Isles only) plus specific current Isles (mainly Wahlstrom, Dobson, Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock)

All photos/lists can be found here:
    Hidden Content

Please, no more offers for tradebait. I have enough of it as it is.

SCF Rewards
    Country

beware of Russian sellers and Russian sets. Sereal makes KHL licensed stuff. Many other cards and sets are fake ... especially those who showing NHL players, rookies, etc. I've bought too many Radulov ''rare'' cards trough the years ... almost all fakes, not real sets, made by someone in their own house...
    Last edited by Barahir; 02-24-2015 at 12:10 PM.