Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I guess we shall see. CBS says they have archived video footage of O'Reilly from the Falklands scenario that he recounts in his broadcast and they are looking for it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

WHAT O'REILLY SAID: In his 2001 book, "The No Spin Zone," O'Reilly wrote, "I've reported on the ground in active war zones from El Salvador to the Falklands."
    On his show "The O'Reilly Factor" in 2013, O'Reilly told a guest, "I was in a situation one time, in a war zone in Argentina, in the Falklands, where my photographer got run down and then hit his head and was bleeding from the ear on the concrete. And the army was chasing us. I had to make a decision. And I dragged him off, you know, but at the same time, I'm looking around and trying to do my job, but I figure I had to get this guy out of there because that was more important."
    Speaking of the riot, O'Reilly said in his book"many were killed."

SOME FACTS:
    *Claims he was in the Falklands when he was 1,000 miles away
    *Saying things like I was in an "active war zone in the Falklands with the army chasing me" sure sounds better than "there was a protest"
    *None of his co-workers remember a photographer being injured in the protest they covered
    *Nobody was ever reported as killed in the protest (1,000 miles away from actual war)

Since this war was quite awhile ago I'll make an more current analogy, this is like saying you were embedded with troops liberating mosul when you are actually covering an anti-war protest in Germany... Even if it was a big one with lots of tear gas.
    maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now

SCF Rewards
    Country

Still waiting for Fox News to do the right thing...oh wait, I just remembered they have zero integrity as a "news" organization and constantly lie out of their teeth on a nightly basis, why should they care about one more lie...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

Bill O'reilly is a talk show host, not a news anchor. There is a difference.
    Should we hold Jon Stewart to the same standard?
    Last edited by sanfran22; 02-23-2015 at 11:17 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I'm not sure on where I stand on this anchor vs talk show host. If either makes a mistake about something that's pretty different than embellishing a story about something they have done. I'm not really up on the O'reilly claim. I'll have to get more info about it before I can weigh in.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

i dont watch any of the talking heads so all i know is if o'reilly did his little act and pointed his finger at me i'm going to break it,just another viking claiming to be irish

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

Bill O'reilly is a talk show host, not a news anchor. There is a difference.
    Should we hold Jon Stewart to the same standard?

So is fox news not really news?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

So is fox news not really news?

Do we really have to have this discussion? There are news programs on fox news as well as opinion talk shows. They are not the same. Is this really that difficult?

SCF Rewards
    Country

WHAT O'REILLY SAID: In his 2001 book, "The No Spin Zone," O'Reilly wrote, "I've reported on the ground in active war zones from El Salvador to the Falklands."
    On his show "The O'Reilly Factor" in 2013, O'Reilly told a guest, "I was in a situation one time, in a war zone in Argentina, in the Falklands, where my photographer got run down and then hit his head and was bleeding from the ear on the concrete. And the army was chasing us. I had to make a decision. And I dragged him off, you know, but at the same time, I'm looking around and trying to do my job, but I figure I had to get this guy out of there because that was more important."
    Speaking of the riot, O'Reilly said in his book"many were killed."

SOME FACTS:
    *Claims he was in the Falklands when he was 1,000 miles away
    *Saying things like I was in an "active war zone in the Falklands with the army chasing me" sure sounds better than "there was a protest"
    *None of his co-workers remember a photographer being injured in the protest they covered
    *Nobody was ever reported as killed in the protest (1,000 miles away from actual war)

Since this war was quite awhile ago I'll make an more current analogy, this is like saying you were embedded with troops liberating mosul when you are actually covering an anti-war protest in Germany... Even if it was a big one with lots of tear gas.

Thanks for sharing. Looks to be Brian Williams Part Deux. Now that O'Reilly has brazenly attacked his accuser I would say it is time for him to find another career.

Looks there was fire where there was smoke.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast