Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

USPS: First Class International "Large Envelope" Restrictions?

This is the "cheapest" option for mailing bulk cards internationally for US Yankees, and I use the term cheapest very loosely lol.

I see that there is a 4 pound limit on these "Large Envelopes" so does this mean that I can mail a 200 or 300 count set box under this method of shipping even though this is not technically a large envelope?

Are there size restrictions? It sounds strange that they would say there's a 4 pound limit, I don't see anything weighing over 4 pounds going into an envelope but I have mailed some pretty big #0 bubble mailers with tons of cards in them, but I would like to go the protected set box route.

Can anybody help me with some info before I start printing bad labels?

Thanks,
    Greg

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Two words: Too thick! It's got to fit through that 3/4" slot that you see on many of the outgoing mail drops or on the desk of the clerks if you go to the counter.

Per USPS, a Large Envelope:

Must be rectangular to qualify for flat pricing.
    Large envelopes that exceed size requirements will be charged package prices.

Size Requirements:

• Height: 12" max.
    • Length: 15" max.
    • Thickness: 3/4" max.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

i've always found that with "large envelope" pricing anything above 3-4 oz and you are chancing it coming back and being charged the package pricing.
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kcfutures9's Items on eBay

what is the cheapest price for me to send one card to Canada from Missouri.

SCF Rewards
    Country

what is the cheapest price for me to send one card to Canada from Missouri.

PWE (Plain-White Envelope) is a $1.25 Forever stamp...I can fit up to 15 cards comfortably in a PWE.
    Bubble envelope: PayPal shipping First Class gives you a nice discount if you print your labels at home and attach them. Without checking offhand it comes to about $6.00.
    Last edited by gfel2795; 02-27-2015 at 02:11 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I went into my local post office and I was taken by surprise when the clerk told me that I can use "Airmail" service which saves me $15 on a 400 count box of cards. $35.00 without it using internationally using Priority.

It seems that PayPal does not offer that service and it is therefore better to NOT print these labels for bulk purchases but instead bring the boxes in and fill out a Customs Form at the USPS in order and not get a discount but pay way less for this Airmail service.

I think it has something to do with the fact that it does not offer Tracking. The tracking of Priority does not work anyways once the mail arrives at the U.S. border.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kcfutures9's Items on eBay

thank you. I want to do some selling and trading on here and need a cheap way to ship to Canada.

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dnjcards's Items on eBay

I ship everything as a 'large envelope´ internationally on stamps.com and have not had a single problem and ive shipped hundreds of items to Canada, ranging from 1 oz to multiple cards. I have sent little boxes even and havent had an issue, no damage or return for due postage (as long as i put the proper weight of course) etc.. Plus the customs form works as tracking so its pretty great.

It costs me $9.99 a month to use the service but the money i save on intl shipping far out weighs that. It costs me $2.29 to ship a 1oz bubble mailer as a 'large envelope' plus that comes with tracking (customs form works as tracking)
    Last edited by DnJcards; 02-28-2015 at 02:08 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I ship everything as a 'large envelope´ internationally on stamps.com and have not had a single problem and ive shipped hundreds of items to Canada, ranging from 1 oz to multiple cards. I have sent little boxes even and havent had an issue, no damage or return for due postage (as long as i put the proper weight of course) etc.. Plus the customs form works as tracking so its pretty great.

It costs me $9.99 a month to use the service but the money i save on intl shipping far out weighs that. It costs me $2.29 to ship a 1oz bubble mailer as a 'large envelope' plus that comes with tracking (customs form works as tracking)

Definitely worth looking into here...my last package to Australia = 3+ months og using Stamps.com for all packages...

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dnjcards's Items on eBay

Definitely worth looking into here...my last package to Australia = 3+ months og using Stamps.com for all packages...

Give it a try, they give you your first month free + $5 free postage i believe. I recommend it to anyone i can just because of the money you can save on intl shipping, especially since were into hockey cards. Most of my trades are with Can members and even sales on ebay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast