Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can we save SCF?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I haven't purchased a Beckett in years because I receive the SMR from PSA.
    Does the monthly Beckett have ALL the auto and Gu's prices for each sport?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See e1luk's Items on eBay

I have dome this to many of my threads with NO DICE. Bottom line if you don't have what is hot nobody cares. Most super collectors have filled their collections here and probably move on since there is nothing else they can find.

even if you havent had luck with it, it would facilitate a buy much more smoothly

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Well I do it and still no success. Obviously we have many issues
    even if you havent had luck with it, it would facilitate a buy much more smoothly

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (12)
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Vancouver Canucks Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @@BackyardRink13 See davidsteinhauser's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Hi everyone, thought I'd chime in here. I've been away from the hobby for over a year, just recently returned. I've seen a LOT of talk about not being able to get trades done, everyone wants only top players & high-end, etc. and yet in my first week back I've already completed 11 trades between SCF and Canadian Sports Card Traders. Now I know right off the bat you're probably thinking, "well ya, you must have some awesome tradebait", right? Wrong. Of those 11 trades, including about 200 cards going out, I had one NPDTS card (a Lindros ITG Decades Jersey/Auto /2), one card BV $50, one BV $40, and about a dozen in the BV $10-20 range. Everything else was low-end, base & inserts. Yes, a lot of people these days only want to sell, or will only trade for superstar autos, hot new RC's, etc., but with a bit of effort it's almost as easy to make trades now as it's ever been.

As far as SCF is concerned, and I'm sure I can speak for a lot of the staff when I say this, if you ever have ANY suggestions for improving the site don't hesitate to bring them to the attention of the staff. I know for a fact that the staff here is always open to suggestions, concerns & feedback so feel free to contact myself or any of the other staff members at anytime.

SCF has always been, and still is, a great place to trade so let's put our heads together and figure out how to keep it that way!
    Hidden Content
    My up-to-date multi-sport trade/sale inventory + full wantlist can be found on Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

first,it just got to expensive to trade,acquiring cards and the shipping when i can just snipe on ebay
    second,the p&r section in the best part of this site
    third,karma for traderretreat

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

Been here since 2009

Like someone said previously "Buckets" have to go.
    I will not sit and look through your photobucket when I have no idea what you are offering.
    I think its mandatory to put a price and a picture in your thread of what you are selling on blowout.

I personally try to do low-end buying and trading, done 2 trades this week, use to id have 10 completed.

I too have noticed the sale/trade threads have been staying on the front page for over a day.
    I remember when I would put up a thread and then have trouble finding it 5 or 6 pages deep the next day,

Politics board needs to go as well, all it does it makes people fight and it is frustrating. Canadian atheist democrats vs everyone.

I use the inventory system all the time, i have over 10,000 cards entered. ITs how I keep up with my cardinals collection, also the TTM manager is very nice.

I really think in general Topps has killed the industry by being the sole licensed card maker,adding way too many GU/Auto cards in products, and making way too many high-end products.
    Last edited by stlcardinalsfan; 02-28-2015 at 01:10 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

Personally I don't think it is anything SCF is doing wrong or right, I feel the industry as a whole is going down. I remember when a gu card meant you pulled something special, now it is a common occurrence and the oversaturation is what is killing this hobby. I don't really trade all that much and it seems the trades I do make are with the same 3 to 5 members. I also think the effort of our members is lacking also, I post most of my breaks whether it be cheap retail or anything else I might pick up, what really stinks is to see 50 views and not a single reply, is it too hard to say gee that break sucked sorry about your bad luck, or nice break you beat the odds. I have almost gotten to the point where I will only post breaks where I have pulled something worthwhile, also the P and R section serves a purpose as it is something to look at when you get bored with sportscards. As Dave said staff here is very receptive to new ideas to improve the site so if any members have suggestions remember you can always pm one of us and we will get discussions going thru staff about the changes suggested. I have been a member for 11 years plus and I do think the site is nowhere near as much fun as it used to be, I think members are getting their needs elsewhere either thru c.o.m.c. or ebay as nowadays it is definitely a buyers market as most cards a collector would want are on ebay for a fraction of what you would have to trade or pay on scf. I just feel that people in general are bored with cards and haggling as it seems everything is just the same old same old with nothing new that is remotely different to keep us collectors interested, I mean how many autographs of the same player do you really need. Enough of my ramblings take care Steve.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

i'm fairly new here (and really more or less lurk rather than post for now) so i don't know what the siae was like in the past and how that compares to now....

that said , i will say i spend very little time here for several specific reasons :

1) i view posts using the "new posts" feature rather than going sub-forum to sub-forum.....i check in 15-20 times a day most days and it seems that the majority of those times at least 75-80% of the threads i see are those advertising ebay specials (ebay sellers club)....i don't come HERE to see ebay items - i go to ebay to see ebay material....i get daily e-mails for the 100 ebay searches i have saved and i visit that site numerous times per day to look for items - i don't really want to have to wade though all those posts to find actual posts from members who are looking to buy , sell , or trade....

2) when the new posts aren't dominated by ebay listings , it seems that at least 50% and often 75% or more are dedicated to hockey ....nothing wrong with that except that i haven't really collected hockey in over 25 years so most of those threads hold very little interest to me....

3) and finally , even when i do see posts of actual people looking to buy , sell , or trade the vast majority of the time those posters are only looking for the latest hottest items and the ultra high-end stuff that i don't really have nor care to stockpile....i love ALL cards - base , inserts , parallels , gu , autos etc....many people (and this seems to be true of the majority of people on all boards now so i'm not singling out this site or its members) seem to think if you don't have the elite material you have nothing....i know for a fact there are plenty collectors out there who do still value the low-end and mid-range material , but we seem to be shunned and even ridiculed by so many people...i know i've heard quite a few people say they have given up because most people feel they aren't worth dealing with since they don't seek or have top-of-the-line material.....

one feature i'd like to see that would definitely enhance my time here is a way to filter out any sub-forums we don't want to see.....i know it's possible (because at least one other site i belong to finally installed it) and it may exist here already , but if so i've been unable to find a way to do it.....

I rarely view posts using the "new posts" because they are only 5 pages (unlike The Bench...they have 10 pages which I like) and mainly because they have those advertising ebay specials (ebay sellers club) which I do not find pleasant to my eye since I don't buy on ebay. I'm stuck going subforums to subforums. Can't they put them in a special section and not populate the new posts section?
    Last edited by giants1249er; 02-28-2015 at 03:38 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (12)
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Vancouver Canucks Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @@BackyardRink13 See davidsteinhauser's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I rarely view posts using the "new posts" because they are only 5 pages (unlike The Bench...they have 10 pages which I like) and mainly because they have those advertising ebay specials (ebay sellers club) which I do not find pleasant to my eye since I don't buy on ebay. I'm stuck going subforums to subforums. Can't they put them in a special section and not populate the new posts section?

I've never actually used the New Posts link to view posts before, to be honest. I'm collect strictly hockey, so I go straight to the hockey forums when I'm browsing posts. As with you, I don't deal much on eBay these days so I wouldn't want to be scrolling thru a bunch of eBay posts on here either, hence the reason I just head straight to the forums that interest me instead of the New Posts section.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Been here since 2009

Like someone said previously "Buckets" have to go.
    I will not sit and look through your photobucket when I have no idea what you are offering.
    I think its mandatory to put a price and a picture in your thread of what you are selling on blowout.

I personally try to do low-end buying and trading, done 2 trades this week, use to id have 10 completed.

I too have noticed the sale/trade threads have been staying on the front page for over a day.
    I remember when I would put up a thread and then have trouble finding it 5 or 6 pages deep the next day,

Politics board needs to go as well, all it does it makes people fight and it is frustrating. Canadian atheist democrats vs everyone.

I use the inventory system all the time, i have over 10,000 cards entered. ITs how I keep up with my cardinals collection, also the TTM manager is very nice.

I really think in general Topps has killed the industry by being the sole licensed card maker,adding way too many GU/Auto cards in products, and making way too many high-end products.

I don't see why it needs to go and it's closure in July will no doubt limit my visits to SCF. If it's frustrating just don't go to that forum.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast