Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mr007man's Items on eBay

1948 Bowman - Signed/Autographed

I've been working on this set for about a year now. All started after I picked up the '48B Yogi RC. Right now I have 35/48 signed cards in the set and I'm needing the following (let me know if you have any of them for sale):

#7 Pete Reiser
    #18 Warren Spahn
    #20 Buddy Kerr

Here are scans of the ones I currently have:

Last edited by vjw0307; 05-18-2016 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Updated photos

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm impressed. Thanks for sharing this. I can't help you, but good luck with picking up the rest you need.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

I'm impressed too. I would be impressed if you had those cards UNSIGNED. But to have them all autographed is awesome. Scans look great. How many of the guys that you need are still living?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm impressed too. I would be impressed if you had those cards UNSIGNED. But to have them all autographed is awesome. Scans look great. How many of the guys that you need are still living?

Thank you! Actually, the only 2 living members in the set are Yogi Berra and Red Schoendienst and I have those...all of the remaining players I need are deceased. The Stan Musial is farely common so I'm holding off on that one...but the rest are getting harderd to find.

SCF Rewards
    Country

wow very very cool!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Was able to add 3 more recently...down to last 10!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've enjoyed scrolling through your thread, and I think we've been bidding on some of the same cards recently. In fact, looking back, I bought a couple of ungraded cards from you as I've been putting together this same set. The autographed 1948 Bowman baseball set has always been my favorite, and once before I had 36/48 in the set graded authentic psa/dna, and I always regretted selling it off.

I've been putting the set together again obviously, and within the next 10 days or so I should have about 33/48 cards. Currently I have some at psa/dna, and hopefully those all come back authentic. Do you have any duplicates? Assuming the ones at psa come back alright, here are the 16 remaining ones I will need:

6 Yogi Berra
    7 Pete Reiser

11 Johnny Lindell

16 Jack Lohrke

20 Buddy Kerr

28 Emil Verban

29 Joe Page

30 Whitey Lockman

34 Sheldon Jones

36 Stan Musial

38 Red Schoendienst

39 Augie Galan

40 Marty Marion

41 Rex Barney

46 Herman Wehmeier

Nice job so far on your set! I was a little skeptical about the Sheldon Jones when it was on ebay but hopefully that comes back authentic for you, that's a tough one to find.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just updated photos and added a few more additions. I have a Rizzutto on the way and that will put me having 42 of 48 cards from the set!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Down to Final 3!!!

With the help of smallmytable and a few other additions, I'm now down to the final 3 cards!

#7 Pete Reiser
    #18 Warren Spahn
    #20 Buddy Kerr

SCF Rewards
    Country

Friendly longtime bump!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast