Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

National Treasures Rookies ..... are they going to hold?

Hey all

Just looking for some opinions.

Are National Treasures Rookie Auto Patches /99 going to hold their value?

Of course, most of them will go down seeing as it is the nature of the hobby .... but what are everyones opinions in the long run for these? Are they going to maintain being one of the top 3 rookie cards from 13/14. Or is Ice /99, Cup /249, /99 and Ultimate /99 going to pull ahead?

Could these cards potentially hold .... based on popularity and design. Is the word "Panini" too much of a hinder for these cards in this UD driven market?

Could these cards actually go up??? ..... I know longshot ..... but maybe the niche collectors really like this stuff ( I guess driven from other sports ) Or maybe .... being a "one and done" set .... will that cause it to increase in value? Not sure if we've seen something like this in the hobby, having such a popular release do so well, only to have a 1 year life.

Opinions ..... thoughts ...... Thanks!
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd say 99% of the cards would most likely go DOWN in the long term. That happens with most modern cards and I don't see why that would change for just this set now. The only way that trend with be bucked is if hockey exploded in popularity and thus there were way more people wanting the cards than the supply of the cards causing them to increase.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Down. Panini never got the love the UD did, so I'm not sure how their top RCs can hold their value.

Cup /99, until something drastically changes, will be a player's top RC. I'm not sure how the NT ARPs /99 aren't more valued than anything else, but they already are not - and with Panini out of the game, I don't see a following developing for them out of nowhere.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes and No.
    Hot players will go up, cold ones down.
    Relative to other sets it will hold value depending how the hobby goes.
    They already sell better than Cup now...

Panini is not going bankrupt like other companies it will be the major player in the industry and the NT names continues in other sports. Americans care about NT...Canadians only about UD.
    If NT hockey ever comes back it would be a legendary set at that point.

Obviously Sports Cards 99.9% of the time go down...but you are telling me if lets say Dougie Hamilton becomes a HOF defenseman for the Bruins....his NT /99 will still be only worth $100??

You'll have have trouble finding them in a few years anyway, especially nice patched ones...

Ice /99 is already dying and losing luster
    Ultimate /99 is already dead...singles are dirt cheap... Mack $350..typical good rookies $20 already
    Cup /249....very few every reach $100 these days...most are $20...

You can't get a nice Boone Jenner NT for $20 yet in ultimate /99 some don't even get bids at $19.99

But no one knows the future and hockey collectors are idiots for the most part that like ugly cards as long as its the same old same old in the series...so maybe NT rookies will be completely worthless and used for toilet paper...idk

IMO, they are the best looking rookie card ever made so far.
    /99 every card like it should be..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

They will go down. They started off really expensive. I still haven't gotten a Beau Bennett or Olli Maatta yet as they are still too high. I think they will be the 2nd rookie card behind the Cup.

This is the one card that's really going to stick out from Panini.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country

Down. Panini never got the love the UD did, so I'm not sure how their top RCs can hold their value.

Cup /99, until something drastically changes, will be a player's top RC. I'm not sure how the NT ARPs /99 aren't more valued than anything else, but they already are not - and with Panini out of the game, I don't see a following developing for them out of nowhere.

Almost Every NT ARP is already worth more than Cup...

Strome
    Nelson
    Barkov
    Bjugstad
    Vatenen
    Maatta

The lower end rookies there's an even bigger gap as Cup can be bought for pennies...

Mackinnon was pretty close to par depending on patches...
    Hertl, Nushskin and Monahan are that far off and gap is closing

The only one that is consistently for Cup is Galchenyuk and that's because Quebec/Montreal followers are blind homers to the Cup and worship it. Finish players really shine in NT from their followers....

All the Rookies I want are 2-3x price in NT than Cup.as of now.but maybe you can find me a 3 color Ryan Strome NT for $40 since Cup is king..

SCF Rewards
    Country

They will go down. They started off really expensive. I still haven't gotten a Beau Bennett or Olli Maatta yet as they are still too high. I think they will be the 2nd rookie card behind the Cup.

This is the one card that's really going to stick out from Panini.

Olli Maatta will never be lower in NT than Cup...
    You can get his 3 color Cup for $60-$80 and it just got redeemed so it will be even cheaper soon...
    Ain't no way you are getting a Maatta nice patch in NT for $40...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some good points ..... I do agree that no matter what happens, The Cup /99 rookies will easily be the most desired.

But like Kuba said, maybe the fall off is for the /249 rookies. For the /249 rookies in The Cup, I do think they will have troubles out selling the /99s from NT.

Comparing /99 NTs and /99 The Cup is not even a question.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Olli Maatta will never be lower in NT than Cup...
    You can get his 3 color Cup for $60-$80 and it just got redeemed so it will be even cheaper soon...
    Ain't no way you are getting a Maatta nice patch in NT for $40...

Your right but for the big boys /99 in The Cup they will be the Kings. Maybe the /249 from Cup will sell less than /99 in NT but I guarantee you that Macks Cup /99 will be more than the NT /99 especially down the road. When Panini is gone in 3 years will the /99 NTs Hold and be worth more than the /249 Cups? I don't know to be honest
    Last edited by theboxbreaker96; 02-24-2015 at 09:09 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Your right but for the big boys /99 in The Cup they will be the Kings. Maybe the /249 from Cup will sell less than /99 in NT but I guarantee you that Macks Cup /99 will be more than the NT /99 especially down the road. When Panini is gone in 3 years will the /99 NTs Hold and be worth more than the /249 Cups? I don't know to be honest

No one knows.

Panini is not "gone"...they'll be back sooner or later...

I'm actually surprised NT is holding so strong after so many months...

I have about 30% from each set as of now...mostly 3 color ones...curious how it turns out in 3-5-10-20 years..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast