Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

So ..... million dollar question ...... do I move my NT stuff now ( turn into UD PC or cash ) ..... or go the other option ... turn some of my UD Rookies into NT PC ....... bottom line is .... one of these rookie cards gotta go!@
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jffoland's Items on eBay

This is a little off this topic, but now that the old ITG is done, I have seen older ITG cards going for more than prior years. Is it collectors knowing ITG wont be back so they are picking up the cards they want? I could see this happening with NT as well

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is a little off this topic, but now that the old ITG is done, I have seen older ITG cards going for more than prior years. Is it collectors knowing ITG wont be back so they are picking up the cards they want? I could see this happening with NT as well

I know ive thought this about ITG stuff .... always had a small collection of ITG stuff, but have had the urge to pick up more now because ITG will never be ITG again

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Yes to answer your question. Also I think a lot of people are going to be reluctant to pick up any of the new Leaf ITG. I personally will be sticking mainly to the old ITG Cards and pick up only a couple of the newer stuff.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

So ..... million dollar question ...... do I move my NT stuff now ( turn into UD PC or cash ) ..... or go the other option ... turn some of my UD Rookies into NT PC ....... bottom line is .... one of these rookie cards gotta go!@

In the long run your going to lose money because whichever one you hold onto is going to drop in price. I like the NT cards as they have a lot bigger patch and the cards are nicer. If it was me Id sell the Cup. There is only going to be 1 NT but The Cup will exist every year.

I would think NT would drop more because they are currently higher in price. The Cup rookies are starting to hit there low prices where as the NT have more of a drop because they are selling for more. Also the Panini label is attached to them by some people.

If its about money for you then I would move the NT Rookies now. However if its not about money and more about I can only do 1 set or I only want to do 1 set then I would sell The Cup RCs.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If I can be honest, I remember this exact conversation about Dominion and Cup. For a while (2 years), we had the exact same scenario with two rival products. The Dominion rookies held up for a while but can now be bought for pennies on the dollar. Same can be said for Silhouettes (which has strong continuity among all sports but managed to lose just about any semblance of value).

There will always be people who want Cup Rookies. They have years of legacy as the premier hockey card and, when someone wants to have all the Oilers rookies in a collection, I guarantee they'll be going for a set that has continuity (can be collected over many years). I definitely like the design on the NT cards, but already we've seen them come down more than 50-60% and I see them more as a passing fad than something like Cup.

As for Mackinnons, a 3C Mack NT is about 1000-1200. A 3C Cup still rings in about 2500-3K.

Matt

SCF Rewards
    Country

One would figure that older ITG stuff would go up because people who want ITG stuff aren't going to be wowed by the newer stuff since it is ITG in name only. I don't really know if that would translate to NT though.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

If I can be honest, I remember this exact conversation about Dominion and Cup. For a while (2 years), we had the exact same scenario with two rival products. The Dominion rookies held up for a while but can now be bought for pennies on the dollar. Same can be said for Silhouettes (which has strong continuity among all sports but managed to lose just about any semblance of value).

There will always be people who want Cup Rookies. They have years of legacy as the premier hockey card and, when someone wants to have all the Oilers rookies in a collection, I guarantee they'll be going for a set that has continuity (can be collected over many years). I definitely like the design on the NT cards, but already we've seen them come down more than 50-60% and I see them more as a passing fad than something like Cup.

As for Mackinnons, a 3C Mack NT is about 1000-1200. A 3C Cup still rings in about 2500-3K.

Matt

A bit biased view since you are invested into cup but...

Dominion and NT is a silly comparison as dominion/panini was not an established name and they were always lower initially.

Now dominion 12-13 rc's actually sell as good if not more than 12-13 cup...check ebay...
    13-14 dom booner jenner/99 outsells cup lot of times.
    This a $200 vs $500
    /299 vs /249...cup sells 2x- 3x for more

Silhouettes actually sell well still...dougie hamilton only $20 less than cup...depends on players....but they out sell spa and ultimate /99 lot of times...

If tuukka rask had a nt /99 now...it would easily out sell cup /249

There are a few cup set collecters but those are minority...Everyone is a "player" collector now so they get all the cards...and /249 is basically flooded which is what drives prices down....plus all the white patches which basically makes them worthless and prey for patch counterfeits.

Another thing, a few players don't have cup/nt rpa's. ..

Tyler johnson will always be worth more in Cup
    Vatanen, jt miller always worth more in NT

Did UD cards die when they were "gone" from other sports?
    No, a lot stayed strong depending on set/player...
    Aaron Rodgers rc ultimate is not pennies..

If Cup/UD is gone in 5 years....you think Cup cards will be worthless since people can't continue their sets?

Hockey market is fickle and they love ugly boring cards that are high numbered as long it has a UD logo so it will be a tough road for panini sets...

Another thing...Beckett kills panini hockey before they even have a chance but NT was the first that had higher prices than Cup..
    You may think Beckett is irrelevant but they can bring down prices since many don't want to pay over book and shows its all beckett ......people cried when tavares yg were $80 in beckett when selling for $150...they brought back to the equilibrium.

Easier to bring down prices than up because no one will buy those $10 jersey cards...

A lot of people invested a lot of money into cup and since this hobby is very dirty they'll do anything to make sure it stays that way. ..not all ebay sales are as real as you think...

For collecters they should get the card they like the best...
    I do like both sets...and have both...
    "Sick" patches sell better than any "top set" average patch....Unfortunately. ..

SCF Rewards
    Country

Definitely a lot of great points and I completely agree!

Firstly, I'm definitely biased because I do collect Cup rookies. But even then, I've really wanted to do the NT set and have done a TON of silhouettes.

I just find that Panini products have seemed to simmer by about 50-60% after year 1-2. We've seen National Treasures prices really come down on rookies and Dominion and Silhouettes did the same thing. Either way, collecting is about what you like and I'll still definitely pick up a nice NT card if it suits my fancy!

Kind regards,

Matt

SCF Rewards
    Country

Recent sales...

mrazek 2 color silhouette $60
    Mrazek 2 color cup rc $66

Not much difference for a dead silhouette. .

Checkout the bjugstad in NT now....big money..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast