Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm trying to understand something, Did you care when the president said this:
    "This great nation of many religions understands, our war is not against Islam, or against faith practiced by the Muslim people. Our war is a war against evil."

Our war is against evil...and the evil our war is against is Islamic extremism. Let's be very clear here. Without Islamic extremism the world is a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more peaceful and safe place. Let's look at the most prominent conflicts currently going on in the world...

There are currently 4 on-going conflicts in the world that result in an annual loss of life of 10k or more. They are:
    Afghanistan - Islamic extremism
    Boko Haram - Islamic extremism
    Syrian civil war - Islamic extremism
    Iraqi conflict - Islamic extremism

Referring to these people, be it ISIS, Al Qaeda, Hamas or Hezbollah, refusing to refer to them as Islamic extremist when EVERY SINGLE THING THEY DO is based on the teachings of Islam is a purely ignorant and indefensible position to take.

As I said before, to deal with a problem you must first identify the problem. Islamic extremist are not that way because they need jobs or health care or because they just need a hug. These are violent, murderous, hate-filled, horrible people that use their religion as an excuse to perpetuate their hate on others. Addressing them as anything other than what they are is a failure to prepare to deal with them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

"This great nation of many religions understands, our war is not against Islam, or against faith practiced by the Muslim people. Our war is a war against evil."

-- President Bush, 2002

(There seemed to be less outrage when that president said the same thing)
    maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes ISIS does not represent all Muslims. But MY BELIEF is the POTUS is a Muslim sympathizer and a terrorist. His final run here has been nothing short of treasonous acts IN MY OPINION.

A terrorist?

You believe the President of the United States is a terrorist....and I'm assuming you're basing this definition of "terrorist" in the same standard as the people associated with ISIS....

Yeah, ok.

The same guy that continues war against terrorists and has now launched over 2000 air strikes (YES OVER 2000) on ISIS is a terrorist.

There's no need to add any jokes or my usual snark.

What you are saying speaks for itself and in great volume.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Guess it smarts when someone other than yourself has an opinion?
    A terrorist?

You believe the President of the United States is a terrorist....and I'm assuming you're basing this definition of "terrorist" in the same standard as the people associated with ISIS....

Yeah, ok.

The same guy that continues war against terrorists and has now launched over 2000 air strikes (YES OVER 2000) on ISIS is a terrorist.

There's no need to add any jokes or my usual snark.

What you are saying speaks for itself and in great volume.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Guess it smarts when someone other than yourself has an opinion?

I think it's a little bit more than an "opinion" when you say "the president is a terrorist."
    It's reasonable to expect you to have some examples.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

-- President Bush, 2002

(There seemed to be less outrage when that president said the same thing)

Bush didn't refuse to refer to them as Islamic or Muslims which is what I take issue with. If Obama said our war is not with Islam (which is true) while admitting that groups like ISIS and Al Qaeda are Islamic extremist then I would have no problem with it. The issue I take is his head-in-the-sand approach to dealing with them. They are not just some random group of crazies going around killing people.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Obama is taking a PC approach, which I also DO NOT support.

ISIS is Islamic and so are all the other crazies in the middle east doing a the horrible things they do.

This is what religion does....it POISONS everything.

It makes regular humans into monsters.

When Obama said ISIS was similar to Christian Crusaders of many years ago he was 100% right!

And those people back then were in fact CHRISTIANS, just like today these people are Muslims.

Cut the PC bull crap already.....CALL A SPADE A SPADE!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

My opinion is based on the dealings the POTUS has with these cultures. Read any news of your choice take out the dem/rep side and you can see a trend. Like other presidents who slept with the enemy. Only this enemy is a force that could cause major disaster
    I think it's a little bit more than an "opinion" when you say "the president is a terrorist."
    It's reasonable to expect you to have some examples.

SCF Rewards
    Country

My opinion is based on the dealings the POTUS has with these cultures. Read any news of your choice take out the dem/rep side and you can see a trend. Like other presidents who slept with the enemy. Only this enemy is a force that could cause major disaster

Are you talking about ISIS? Do you want him to invade somewhere? Syria? His unwillingness to invade someplace (Syria? Iraq again?) makes him a terrorist?
    I'm honestly unclear what you are trying to say.

SCF Rewards
    Country

duane - I get the frustration with that (and the PC thing Alex is talking about) but here's the catch and it's a doozy.
    ISIS believes in a prophecy that says the final battle of the earth will come between Islam and the west in Syria and that all of Islam will join them in the battle and it will glorious and blah blah blah. So isis wants all muslims to be lumped in with them and seen as enemies of the west. They WANT the holy war, they believe in it 100%. That's why their beheadings and mass killings have gone so far over the top. They want the headlines and they want the world angry at all muslims to facilitate an 'end of days' war. They AREN'T TRYING TO WIN ANYTHING they are just trying to make the world angry. Angry enough to lead a war against islam. It's terrifying, like some crazy end of days cult. Obama is trying to not play into that muslims vs the world mentality and that's why he won't refer to isis, etc as muslim extremists. I don't know if it's a good idea or not, I guess we'll see.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast