Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

Islamic State in Syria abducts at least 150 Christians

"(Reuters) - Islamic State militants have abducted at least 150 people from Assyrian Christian villages in northeastern Syria they had raided, Christian Syrian activists said on Tuesday.
    A Syrian Christian group representing several NGO's inside and outside the country said it had verified at least 150 people missing, including women and elderly, who had been kidnapped by the militants.
    "We have verified at least 150 people who have been adducted from sources on the ground," Bassam Ishak, President of theSyriac National Council of Syria, whose family itself is from Hasaka, told Reuters from Amman.
    Earlier the British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said 90 were abducted when the militants carried out dawn raids on rural villages inhabited by the ancient Christian minority west of Hasaka, a city mainly held by the Kurds.
    Syrian Kurdish militia launched two offensives against the militants in northeast Syria on Sunday, helped by U.S.-led air strikes and Iraqi peshmerga."
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0LS0MH20150224

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Correction release by Obama administration:

"Some random terrorist group with no known religious ties has abducted 150 Assyrians with potential religious ideals of unknown origin."

Simple reality is that until Obama is gone nothing will be done about Islamic extremist killing innocent people regardless of their religious affiliation.

SCF Rewards
    Country

^OK, let's pretend another person is in charge.....how the hell do you stop this?

You understand they have seized entire regions and are using the citizens as literal human shields...

We can't just drop a nuke on them because it would kill a lot more innocent people than militants...

So maybe you want boots on the ground....that's basically yet another endless war, with the exception that ANY soldier caught will be tortured horribly and then die on camera for the world to see.

The U.S can not defeat this group alone, and they can't use the same stupid methods of the past.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 02-25-2015 at 03:47 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

^OK, let's pretend another person is in charge.....how the hell do you stop this?

You understand they have seized entire regions and are using the citizens as literal human shields...

We can't just drop a nuke on them because it would kill a lot more innocent people than militants...

So maybe you want boots on the ground....that's basically yet another endless war, with the exception that ANY soldier caught will be tortured horribly and then die on camera for the world to see.

The U.S can not defeat this group alone, and they can't use the same stupid methods of the past.

I am not saying we can just stop it, but denying the reality of it is just plain ignorant. One must first recognize the problem before they can fix it. A fat person who denies they are fat will never make the proper moves to lose weight. A president who denies we have a Muslim extremist problem will never make the proper moves to deal with it.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I am not saying we can just stop it, but denying the reality of it is just plain ignorant. One must first recognize the problem before they can fix it. A fat person who denies they are fat will never make the proper moves to lose weight. A president who denies we have a Muslim extremist problem will never make the proper moves to deal with it.

Which are?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

I'm trying to understand something, Did you care when the president said this:
    "This great nation of many religions understands, our war is not against Islam, or against faith practiced by the Muslim people. Our war is a war against evil."
    maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

It is hard to deal with Muslim extremist when you have a Muslim sympathizer in charge.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

The administration does not deny that there are terrorists. From the speeches that I have heard Obama give he most definitely does not deny there is an ISIS. I don't have a problem with Obama not using "islamic" to identify ISIS as it doesn't represent the majority of muslims throughout the world especially considering there are a lot of americans who think all muslims are terrorists. You may not agree with the moves that Obama has made to fight ISIS, but that's not the same as him denying that they exist. If he was doing what you thought he should do to fight them and that plan happened to be successful would it matter if he qualified them as islamic or not?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

It is hard to deal with Muslim extremist when you have a Muslim sympathizer in charge.

I'm not sure what leads you to believe that he sympathizes with muslims more than any other group of people, but his sympathies haven't kept him from allowing operations against ISIS. All he's saying is that the actions of ISIS do not represent the majority of muslims around the world. Just like an abortion clinic bomber doesn't represent the majority of christians.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Yes ISIS does not represent all Muslims. But MY BELIEF is the POTUS is a Muslim sympathizer and a terrorist. His final run here has been nothing short of treasonous acts IN MY OPINION.
    I'm not sure what leads you to believe that he sympathizes with muslims more than any other group of people, but his sympathies haven't kept him from allowing operations against ISIS. All he's saying is that the actions of ISIS do not represent the majority of muslims around the world. Just like an abortion clinic bomber doesn't represent the majority of christians.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast