Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ebay seller threatens to slander my name?

I recently purchased a high dollar autograph from an Ebay seller. Upon receipt, the card had a huge ding. I contact him about this, hoping to resolve it in a mature, adut manner. He then accuses me of trying to return it because Immaculate has dropped in price since it hit the market. Like Im trying to pull a fast one on him. He says he will be posting my name on all the blogs and forums saying how terrible I am. Its like he is bullying me into keeping the card. What would you guys do in this situation???

This was his response when I told him the card was dinged pretty good:

Here is the thing. I hate selling new cards because this ALWAYS HAPPENS. People dont understand that you have to pay a premium when the cards are brand new. Then the auctions start rolling in and the prices drop. All of a sudden the people come through and say they get a tiny ding here or a scratch there. Because eBay always protects the buyers, sellers have no recourse. Well, im beyond tired of this situation.

So here is your options, because I can already see that you are likely seeing the results in the picture I am attaching. You can send the card back to me, I will give you a full refund, but I will post your user name and this experience on my blog, any forum that I have access to and make sure others are seeing exactly the behavior I believe you are exhibiting. You get your money back, but it will be a very public return. This is a very small community, and I hope that you are prepared to answer for this "ding and other damage." I dont care what pictures you have, because the card was fine when it was sent. You get your money back, but you dont get the satisfaction of doing it privately. Everyone within my reach is going to get a write up of what went down. I know that should get you added to quite a few blocked bidder list, and there just arent that many people that dont read the forums or twitter that wont be interested to see what I have to say.

The other option is to understand that this behavior is a big reason that people have been leaving this hobby, and that we all hate dealing with situations exactly like this one. Take your price like you should, and walk away with a lesson learned. I mean, to me, 100 bucks is not a big deal and I because I dont sell that often, I am happy to take one for the team and deal with you the hard way.

Your choice, choose wisely.

Last edited by jackson0114; 02-27-2015 at 07:40 PM.
    Always looking for :
    Trout Refractors and #'d inserts
    Vintage Baseball Stars (Pre-1965)
    Allen & Ginter Stained Glass
    My Set Needs : Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

does the card look different than in the photos? Were his photos good enough to tell if the card was dinged when he shot it? If he represented the card to not have a ding or if it was dinged during mailing then file a claim that the card was not as listed or damaged in transit. I do like that you contacted the guy before filing a claim but he seems to not be willing to work with you if he is in fact saying he's going to post on forums that you are trying to scam him.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (75) Hobby Insider
    Country

In the ebay listing, did you make known the card was damaged at all, if he didn't, contact ebay asap.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just hits a sore spot. He's calling me a liar, and it makes me wonder if he does this to other people. He definitely shouldnt handle things this way. If anyone ever has a problem with a card Ive sold, they get a full refund. No ifs ands or buts. Of course, there are going to be poeple out there who try to scam you, but that comes with selling on Ebay. You have to take the good with the bad. Sellers can't just label everyone a scam artist because of a few bad apples.

It is what it is. Im just gonna keep the card, and not even deal with the hassle. Getting upset and and dealing with all his riff raff isnt worth the money Ive spent.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Its not so much what is wrong with the card that upsets me. Its just the way he handled it by threatening me. Like I did something wrong because he sold me a damaged card.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I don't see why you won't file a claim especially if the guy is being less than professional. To me I see it as a good thing to bring these sellers to ebays attention so they can alter their ways or get weeded out. Sellers like that give the good sellers a bad name.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do you guys really think I should? My feedback speaks for itself across all the forums, so his remarks really wont hurt.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't see why you won't file a claim especially if the guy is being less than professional. To me I see it as a good thing to bring these sellers to ebays attention so they can alter their ways or get weeded out. Sellers like that give the good sellers a bad name.

I reported him, and requested a refund. Im sure he will try to say that the card isnt in the same condition as when it was shipped, because of his behavior and attitude. What do I do then?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Even if the photos he has shows no ding, the ding still could have occurred by him before or during packing the item up to ship out.
    If the card arrived that way it is not your fault.
    Ebay and paypal has always done me right, I would go through the process with them.

Good luck and sorry about the bad buy, there are always some bad apples out there.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Wescat300's Items on eBay

Wow...Some people have too much time on their hands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast