Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Cardinals Dallas Cowboys Miami (FL) Hurricanes
    See crdal-36's Items on eBay

PayPal gift clarification

hello everyone- been gone for a couple years, life happens I guess but when I came back I noticed something on a lot of traders "sigs". There seems to be some frustration or even anger toward "PayPal gift" when buying/selling. What is that all about?
    Thanks in advance everyone - Craig

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm guessing it is because it is meant to be something to send to friends and family members basically somebody you trust because there is no Paypal protection with the money through gift. People probably paid to a seller to save on fees and then got shafted because nobody will be able to help them because they used gift.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

yeah if you use gift you can't get your money back if someone jips you, also when you send gift the person you're sending to doesn't pay a fee.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

In addition to the security, it also determines who pays the fee I think. If you send it as "goods" the seller is responsible for the fees. Some people don't like this, because if you agree to $20 for a card, the seller pays $1-2 for the fee, thus making less than the agreed upon deal. I'm guessing the higher the value, the more this is effected. If you have it sent as a "gift", then you pay the fee, and the seller gets the total you agreed upon.

In short buying "goods" is better for the buyer, and "gift" is better for the seller.

BANNED

Country

I've always done gift with everyone no problem. Even though I have over 1000 feedback on ebay, today I was called fishy because I asked to be paid with gift for a card I had already mailed and had not received payment for.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Cardinals Dallas Cowboys Miami (FL) Hurricanes
    See crdal-36's Items on eBay

Thanks everyone! I understand it better now. Makes sense, I guess.