Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5th Floor Sports Cards

SCF Rewards
    Country

5th Floor Sports Cards

Here's the link to their website:
    http://5thfloorsportscards.com/

Anybody have any dealings with them? They have great prices, lower than any other site I've seen, and offer free worldwide shipping!
    Is there some problem with them that I'm completely missing?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Definitely some stellar prices on this site!

I am interested in hearing some stories about this company as well. Mainly how they ship to Canada and if customs/import fees may apply.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Holy Crap I have never seen lower prices. Looks very Legit. Ill be placing my next order with them for sure. Thanks for bringing this up.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

In contrast, I think they don't look legit.
    1. Their website 'about us' says nothing about them.
    2. Their twitter says 45 years of experience, but no tweets about sportscards, just tweets about spor5s and lotsmof retweets. (I only skimmed it, but that was the impression I got. I am not an experienced twitter user though)
    3. Their 'feedback' page is nothing but html written. When was the last legit website where you saw that?
    4. Whois lookup says that they registered using domains by proxy.
    5. Prices for a box are often cheaper than by the case. Example, 2012-13 panini limited. 400 per case or 24 $ per box (360 per case or about 50% of market value)

so, we have a 45 yr experienced seller who registers a domain totally anonymously, with no verifiable feedback nor actual contact information and is selling products at 50% of market value. Most unbelievable of all, boxes cheaper when purchased individually than by the case with free shipping and 5% discount

in my opinion, that does not pass the sniff test.

cheers,
    Reoddai
    Last edited by reoddai; 02-28-2015 at 08:10 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See zremez's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

That's some wise advice zremez :)

I will buy from my local guy who I always get cases from :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bozakattack42's Items on eBay

I also placed an order with 5th floor sport cards, and was not impressed what so ever. Was told that my package was shipped multiple time but never received a tracking number. It was a pain whenever contacting them. At the end of the day i never got the package but i did get my money back but i had to file a claim with paypal. Beware if you order.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

I will definitely not be placing any orders with them now. I didn't do my research well enough as reddoi pointed out.

If its to good to be true it always is. Should have known better.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yikes, I would recommend staying far, far away from that site!

It is way beyond obvious that all the customer testimonials are completely fake. As the guys on Blowout pointed out, plus some stuff I noticed too... 1) Every customer feedback comes from a major city, not a single person from a smaller town placed an order eh? Clearly someone just went through "Major cities of the US" in Wikipedia to grab the names... 2) Every single customer consistently spells the store name "5th Floor Sports Cards" (properly capitalized too)... 3) Many feedbacks use the same "!." exclamation mark followed by period... 4) Not only do several feedbacks use the same grammatical error "a awesome", "a amazing", "a outstanding" (not using "an"), but their own Blog and Daily Deals page feature the same grammatical error "a additional" and "a item"... 5) most of the feedbacks choose to highlight a word or two in bold - never a phrase, but just one word like AMAZING or OUTSTANDING, and quite a few use either A+ and/or 5 stars!

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is, and in this case I would say it's beyond a doubt a complete scam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good old James is up to his old tricks...from Surf City Sportscards to a few others before this one. He's a well-known scammer who just doesn't give up. Always uses the 5% off sales pitch, offers unrealistic pricing, and has an excuse every time someone asks a question.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast